+ chapter thirty

+ raelynn's pov

The morning sun peaked through the gaps of the blinds letting some light into the room. Stretching my arms, I looked around the room noticing Grayson wasn't here. However, water was running in the bathroom so I assumed he was in there.

I moved towards the edge of the bed, letting my legs hang. Though I haven't even spend a full day here, I'm already beginning to enjoy myself. I was excited to spend so much alone time with Grayson.

Thinking about Grayson made me think about our relationship. We weren't official yet but we were far from friends.

Doesn't he want to be a couple?

We've been so close for all these months yet haven't put a label on ourselves. However, I feel less pressure knowing we aren't completely boyfriend and girlfriend yet.

My thoughts were cut off by Grayson walking into the room. Droplets of water glistened on his tones body.

We haven't done anything more than an intense make out but he makes it so hard to not pounce on him everytime I see him.

"Good morning," he smiled. He walked towards me, leaning in for a short kiss.

"Good morning. Any plans for today?" I asked, walking towards the bathroom.

"Why don't we just explore the town. Go to the beach and maybe go shopping," Grayson suggested.

I nodded, splashing water on my face to get my out of my morning haze.

+

Grayson and I were holding hands, walking around the shopping mall. We looked around, seeing if there was anything appealing. Though, we already bought bags of clothes and souvenirs for everyone back in LA.

However, the entire time, Grayson seemed so invested in his phone. After recieving the message yesterday, he hasn't kept his eyes off the screen.

"Hey, you okay?" I questioned.

"Uh... yeah. Just work stuff," he huffed.

"We're in vacation, you can sort that stuff out later," I said, taking his phone.

"Yeah, you're right," he sighed.

+ grayson's pov

I hated lying to Raelynn. But I was too scared to tell her the truth. She might take it the wrong way or over think it.

Leilani has constantly been messaging me since last night. But I haven't replied, scared to what she has to say. However one message in particular stayed in my mind.

leilani
we're waiting for you.

Who's we? I tried thinking of anyone she could be talking about. We didn't have many friends in high school as we mainly stuck together.

But then, as if a light switched off in my head, I remembered her mentioning a name when she came back to LA a few months ago.

Jayden.

Maybe she was talking about him? But I had no clue who he was nor had I ever heard of a Jayden before.