+ chapter twenty nine

+ raelynn's pov

After a long, twelve hour journey, we finally arrived at our hotel. The room had an amazing view of the beach with a balcony outside. There was a big bed sitting in the middle of the room with a grand, en-suite bathroom.

"Grayson, I love this," I smiled, looking at his cheery expression.

"Only the best for you," he grinned, wrapping his arms around my waist. He placed a soft kiss on my cheek before I turned around and pecked his lips.

"We should unpack and maybe we can go out somewhere?" I suggested.

"It's already quite late but maybe we could eat somewhere," Grayson responded.

I nodded, walking towards my suitcase to bring out a fresh pair of clothes. "But first, I need to shower. My clothes smell," I laughed.

Grayson nodded, as he started to unpack the other suitcases.

Walking to the bathroom, I admired every detail of the room. The window let light shine through, reflecting on the glass.

I laid my clothes out, grabbing everything I needed before letting myself relax under the running water.

After the much-needed shower, I walked into the bedroom. Grayson had already freshened up so he sat on the bed, scrolling through his phone, waiting for me.

He looked up towards me, instantly smiling. "You look gorgeous, Rae."

I blushed, "Thank you, I didn't really put any effort, though."

"You don't need effort, baby," Grayson said, kissing my forehead.

We walked out of the hotel, smiling to the lady at the desk. Though I hadn't seen many people, everyone here seemed very nice.

The view as we walked to the restaurant was amazing. The sun was setting, displaying an array of colours across the blue sky. I appreciated the beauty of nature a lot and it really made me happy. The different shades of the sky glistened on the clear ocean.

"It's so beautiful here," I admired, gazing at the scene.

"I knew you would like it here," Grayson said.

We both walked silently to the restaurant, observing the sights. Grayson interlocked our hands, making me smile. I noticed him taking small glances at me, also.

We approached a small restaurant called Sunset Lounge. Walking in, I could smell the different aromas of the food.

Grayson seemed to have already made reservations as he walked to the front, finding our table.

He placed his hand on the small of my back, leading me to a table. We both say down, reading over the menu, ordering our food.

While waiting for our food, I stared at Grayson, thinking about how much happier he has made me. I thought I'd never get over Mica and Grayson couldn't have come into my life at a better time.

"What are you thinking about," Grayson cut off my thoughts.

"You," I blushed.

"What about me," he smirked.

"Just how much you've impacted my life. I'm so thankful to have you, Grayson."

He held my hand across the table, "Raelynn, you mean so much to me. I'm the luckiest person just to know you." He leaned over the table, pecking my lips.

Our food shortly came, and we ate, having a small conversation. Grayson's phone vibrated on the table, as he stopped eating to read the message. He choked, slightly reading, reading the message. But he covered it up by coughing, lightly.

"Everything okay?" I asked, confused.

"Uh, yeah. Just my... um, friend," he stuttered. I decided not to go into it, so I continued to eat.

+ grayson's pov

Raelynn and I enjoyed our meal, talking about everything we could think of. However, my phone vibrated with a message on the screen.

As I read the message, I choked on my food, seeing who messaged me.

leilani
we need to talk.

+

short chapter but you can't expect anything better at this point. i also turned a year older last week and i'm already struggling being a 15 y/0.
thank you for reading <3

recommendation:
afterglowbby
him ; ethan dolan
[complete]