+ chapter thirty one

+ raelynn's pov

It was finally the last day of our 5 - day trip and Grayson had planned everything out for us. We've spent most of the trip relaxing and exploring the city.

The entire week has been amazing and I'm so glad I've been able to spend so much time with Grayson. I've also been planning to ask him to be my boyfriend as I'm so sure I want to be with him. We've been together for quite long but neither of us have put a label on our relationship.

Currently, Grayson and I were walking towards the beach after spending the day at an amusement park.

I had my shoes in my hand, letting me feet lightly sink into the soft sand. The waves were calm and the sky had an array of colours, as usual. Anguilla was a beautiful place and I'm surprised I haven't been here before.

Grayson held my other hand, leading my towards a quiet area of the beach.

We came to a sudden stop and Grayson covered my eyes with his hands.

"Are you ready for your surprise," he whispered.

"Another surprise," I blushed.

While covering my eyes, he walked me forward and I could hear the sounds of the ocean louder.

We stopped again before he counted down, "3... 2... 1."

Grayson took his hands away from my eyes and I was shocked at what he had done.

A table was set on the sand with lights hanging across the trees. There was a small trail of rose petals scattered everywhere with a big bouquet on the table.

I turned towards him, immediately wrapping my arms around his neck. "Grayson, this is amazing! But you really didn't have to do all of this," I smiled.

"You deserve nothing but the best, baby," he grinned, pecking my lips.

He held my hands as we walked towards the table. Like the gentlemen he is, he pulled my chair out, letting me sit down.

Grayson walked to his chair and sat down. Our meal was already on our plates and was surprisingly still warm.

As we ate, I couldn't help but stare at him.  He really was an incredible person.

He caught me staring and I blushed as I looked down towards my plate.

"You don't need to hide, Raelynn. You look cute when you blush anyway," he chuckled. However, his compliment made me blush even more.

We continued our small conversation, enjoying each other's company and the remainder of our relaxing trip.

"Grayson, thank you for everything. For the trip and this," I laughed ushering to the table and lights hanging everywhere.

He placed his hand on top of mine, leaning in to give me a kiss. It lingered on longer than usual but he broke it, leaning his forehead on mine. "I really don't know what I did to deserve you," I mumbled.

"You don't deserve me, you deserve way better than me. And I'm thankful everyday that you've decided to be with me." He stood up walking towards me, taking my hands in his.