+ chapter fifteen

+ raelynn's pov

Out of every appointment I've had, this was definitely the most nerve-racking. The bags under my eyes was displaying the lack of sleep I had.

I walked to my bathroom, getting ready for the day. I showered and put make up on, adding enough concealer to hide the dark circles surrounding my eyes.

As I was finishing getting ready, Addison's name was displayed on my screen. I slid to answer, immediately hearing the sound of her voice.

"Hey, um, what are you doing right now?" She questioned.

"I'm just getting ready, when are you gonna be here? The appointment is in an hour."

"Um, about that. I kinda have at date at 1 but I can cancel and go with you. I know you don't want to be alone and I forced you to go and-"

"You have a date?! Since when? With who?" I cut her off.

"This guy I met at work asked me out last night and I completely forgot about your appointment and I said yes. I'm so sorry. I'll cancel. I know you don't want to be alone and I forced you to-"

"Addison, its fine. I'll be okay. Go on your date and have fun," I cut her off.

"Are you sure? I can go on other dates. I got you into this mess. I don't wanna leave you by yourself."

"No, you should go. You're moving on from Brayden and this date will be good for you."

"Thank you, baby. Call me if you need anything and, I promise, I'll be there," she reassured.

"You're welcome and I will. Love you, Add."

"Love you too, Rae."

I ended the call, rubbing my forehead. I knew I wasn't going to be able to go alone. I debated on just cancelling but I was going to have to get it over and done with at some point.

+

I walked through the doors, ignoring Ms Hart's warming smile. I planned on just walking in and out, not interacting with anyone.

As soon as I sat down, my name was called and I was ushered to a door which I automatically recognised to be Grayson's.

I rolled my eyes, not wanting to deal with him.

"Hello, Rae." His sweet smile melted my heart and I lightly smiled in response.

"How are you feeling? Is there are pain or swelling?"

I shrugged, looking down at my feet.

"Words, princess." The nickname he used sped up my heart rate and I looked up at him seeing him smirk.

"No, it feels fine now. I really think this appointment is unnecessary. Nothings wrong with my gums, you're just wasting your time."

He didn't say anything and pointed to the bed in his office. I walked over sitting down not wanting this appointment to take longer than needed. An awkward tension surrounded us as we both stayed in silence until he decided to break it.