+ chapter nineteen

*flashback chapter*

3 YEARS AGO
FEBRUARY 16 2015
10.43PM

+ grayson's pov

"Chug! Chug! Chug! Chug!"

The constant chants from the boys were all anyone could hear, music blaring from the speakers also. With Noah and Alex leaving tomorrow, I decided we should all just forget about everything for one night and have fun.

Many bottles of vodka and gin surrounded us on the ground. The strong stench of alcohol wafted through the air of the basement.

"To Noah and Alex!" Ethan lifted his shot glass for everyone to clink.

"To Noah and Alex!" Everyone repeated. I felt myself becoming completely intoxicated, as did everyone else I presumed.

"Nate, did you pee on my controller!" Ethan yelled, a laugh following.

"Sorry, dude. I forgot the way to the bathroom," Nate said, stumbling on his words along with his legs on the way to sit down on the couch.

I felt myself feeling happy. Whether it was the alcohol or a genuine feeling, it was nice not feeling stressed or worried for once. A smile rose to my face looking over my friends.

"I'm gonna miss you guys, you know," I said putting my arms over Noah and Alex's shoulders. I couldn't see their faces completely, my vision being too blurry, but I knew they were both smiling. We've all been friends since middle school and haven't left each other's sides.

"We will too, buddy." Even with they intoxicated selves, I knew they meant it.

A message came onto my phone as I turned it on. The screen blinding me from the bright light, I saw Leilani had sent a message.

leilani <3
can we hang out tonight, i miss you :( ❤️

I could barely make out what the message said, everything being too blurry.

"Uh, Ethan, could you pick Lei up please. She wants to hang out."

"S-sure. I'm taking your car though," Ethan replied, stumbling up the stairs.

grayson
etan will pickvyou up

leilani <3
are you okay?

grayson
im dine
see yo soom

leilani <3
okay, i love you

grayson
lobe ypu too

*i'm sorry if you didn't understand those messages haha

+ realynn's pov
10.43PM

"When is Dad getting back?" I asked my mom for the hundredth time.

"He'll be here soon, I think traffic is holding him up," she answered, clearly agitated by my nagging.

"I told you we should've just picked him up. He's been on a long flight, he's probably not bothered to drive all the way here."

"You're sick, Rae. You shouldn't even be down here, you should be in bed," she said.

"I'm perfectly fine," I lied. My throat was hurting along with my stomach.