+ chapter thirty five

+grayson's pov

"Hey, Grayson. You have your wisdom teeth removal today," Raelynn reminded me on the phone. "I'm so excited to see you under the anaesthetic," she chuckled.

"Huh, oh yeah. I'm... um," I stuttered, struggling with everything in my hand.

"You okay there?"

"Yeah, I'm just, um, tidying up," I semi-lied.

"Well, I'll see you in a few. I'm about to come to yours," She said.

"Right now? My house is a mess," I nervously chuckled.

"Are you sure you're okay? When do you ever care about how clean your apartment is?" She asked, concerned.

"Yep, perfectly fine," I lied again.

"See you in a few," she sighed before ending the call.

I quickly put my phone down, tidying up Tristan's toys and clothes in the living room. Eventually, I am going to tell Rae but this isn't how I want to tell her.

"Leilani, Raelynn's coming over! I have my appointment today. Stay upstairs until we leave please," I yelled to her, as she was upstairs. "Tris, come upstairs please," I softly spoke to him, in hopes he'd listen. I put my hand out for him to grab and he did.

As he crawled up the stairs, I wasn't watching him, his foot slipped and he fell. Loud sobs filled the house and I quickly ran to him. Leilani ran downstairs and helped him up.

"Shh, you're okay, baby," Leilani comforted him. With all the rush and commotion, we didn't hear the many rings of the doorbell.

I walked towards the doorbell, looking back at Tristan

"Just go, I'll take care of Tris," Leilani said, rocking him in her arms. "Um, could you also pick up some diapers on the way back. We're out," she asked.

"How do you expect me to get them, Lei? Can't you go?" She looked at me with pleading eyes, and I sighed. "Fine, I'll try. I don't know whether I'm gonna come back here or go to Rae's but don't wait for me."

"Thank you," she mumbled.

The doorbell continued to ring so I opened it, seeing Raelynn's beautiful face. I quickly shut the door, stopping her from seeing anything inside.

"Hi," I beamed, trying to distract her.

"Hi?" She said in a question tone. "We're early, are we just gonna wait outside or..?"

"You know what, I had a great idea. Why don't we buy a bunch baby diapers and try them on," I smiled, hoping she'd agree.

"Are you okay? Are you sure they haven't given you the anaesthetic now?" she laughed, still sounding confused.

"I'm great. Why don't we take my car," I suggested.

"So we're actually buying diapers?" She asked, walking to my car.

I opened the door for her and answered, "Of course we are, and I also wanna get some chocolate," I said making up and excuse. Regardless of her confusion, she agreed and we drove to the store.