+ chapter twenty eight

+ raelynn's pov

Grayson and I drove to the airport after quickly visiting my mom before she leaves. The sun was starting to rise giving the sky a mix of purples and oranges. Grayson driving was also a beautiful sight.

We sat in silence, both too tired to converse. I played with Grayson's hand as he laid it on my thigh.

"You can sleep if you want, I'll wake you when we're nearly there." Grayson probably noticed the yawns that kept escaping my mouth every once in a while.

"It's alright, I'll just sleep on the plane. Plus, I like the view," I smiled.

"You like the view, huh," he smirked.

"Yeah, the sunset it amazing," I laughed, emphasising on sunset.

"Im excited for this trip, Rae," he smiled at me, still keeping his eyes on the road.

"As long as I'm with you," I said kissing his hand.

We both sat in a comfortable silence once again, just enjoying each other's company. I was ecstatic to spend the next three days with Grayson.

The airport soon came into view and we soon parked the car, getting out.

Grayson grabbed our bags from the trunk as we walked inside.

It seemed we were early so we sat down on in the seating area. I looked around the dull airport, thinking about the long flight however the beaches at Anguilla make it all worth it.

Yawns exited my mouth, and I struggled to keep my eyes open.

"You should rest, Rae. I'll wake you up when it's time," Grayson suggested.

"I'm fine, just not looking forward to this flight," I slouched in my chair.

"I'll grab us coffee if you want it?"

"Yes, please," I smiled.

Grayson walked off towards the coffee shop inside the airport and I slouched in my seat, barely able to keep my eyes open.

However, through my vision, I was able to recognise a familiar figure.

"Mica?"

He turned around and instantly smiled when he saw me.

"Raelynn, hey!" he beamed, as he walked towards my seat.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"I'm here to pick up my mom. After the divorce, she decided it was best for her to have a long vacation."

"Aw, I heard about the divorce. How is she holding up?"

"Not good, she loved my mom so much. I'm worried about her," he sighed. Mica was adopted into the family by his moms and never had a father figure in his life. That was the main reason he was so close to my dad; it was the closest he would get to a father.

I indicated him to sit down as we carried on with our conversation.

"What are you doing here, anyway?" he asked.

"I'm going to Anguilla with my um... Grayson," I stuttered, unsure on what to call him. "Speaking of him, he's been taking a long time to just get us coffee."

As I was about to get my phone to call him, I realised he has it in his backpack.

"Ugh, I'm pretty sure he has my phone," I groaned.

"Don't worry, I'll keep you company," Mica smiled.

We both sat in silence and my eyes started to get heavy. As I closed them, my head fell onto Mica's shoulder, letting me sleep.

+ grayson's pov

I walked back to where Raelynn was sitting carrying the cups of coffee. However, what I saw when I came back back Raelynn cuddled into, who I remembered was, Mica.

My eyebrows furrowed as Mica told me to keep quiet to let her sleep. I sat next to her and lightly shook her to wake up.

She opened her eyes and slowly raised her head, letting the eyes adjust to the bright lights of the airport.

"Grayson, you're finally here," she yawned.

"The shop was closed so I had to walk to the other side," I responded, keeping my gaze on Mica.

Raelynn probably sensed my anger and put her hand on mine to calm me down.

"Mica, this is my boyfriend, Grayson," she introduced me, emphasising on the word 'boyfriend'.

"Grayson, this is my friend, Mica."

The awkward tension got cut off my Mica as he stood up, "I should find my mom, have fun in Anguilla. It was nice meeting you, Grayson."

"You too, man," I said as he walked off. Once he went completely out of sight, and looked towards Raelynn. "What was that?"

"What was what? I was just having a conversation with a friend," she retorted.

"Your friend who happens to also be your ex boyfriend," I shot back. "I'm pretty sure you don't cuddle with your ex either."

"Cuddling? I just had my head on his shoulder!" I didn't respond, not wanting to get into an argument. "Look, I'm sorry. I don't want to argue with you and Mica is nothing more than friend," she sighed.

I stayed silent to which she responded by turning my head to face her, "Promise you're not mad?" she pouted.

"I promise."

She leaned in and gave me a delicate peck, as I smiled. "I hate how I can't stay mad at you."

She rested her head on my shoulder, sipping on her coffee.

We both sat in a comfortable silence as I admired her beautiful structure. I will never know what I did to have someone like her.

She noticed me staring and looked up with her blue eyes. "What you staring at," she teased.

"Not much," I smirked.

She playfully whacked my arm and laughed.

Finally, our gate had been called and we stood up and wheeled our luggage.

"I'm so excited," she grinned.

I smiled at her joy. I couldn't wait to spend so much time with her.

+

finally an update after a century and a half. my updates are slacking but i'm trying my best to post as much as i can.
thank you for being so patient with me <3

recommendation:
sourcreamdolan
pink moon ; grayson dolan
[complete]