+ chapter ten

a/n imagine raelynn and grayson being much closer than i have written them to be. i didn't want the chapters to be full of them getting to know each other :)

+ raelynn's pov

I sat by my window watching the water droplets hit the glass. The last few days have consisted of me doing nothing but sitting in my room with only my thoughts to entertain me. I hadn't done anything and I don't intend to either. However, the only thoughts that had spiralled my brain were all of Grayson.

For the past week, he's completely brushed me off. He ignores and avoids spending any time with me. We spent a couple of weeks with each other twenty four- seven. It makes me think that I did something wrong or he just used me for his enjoyment after our heated moment.

My phone vibrates, which I ignore as it's usually a message from my phone company. But a few more pings and it grabs my attention. The bright screen blinds me as the only light I had only been open to, was the natural dark, gloomy sky giving me any source of light.

addison
meet me at the park. i need to talk to you

raelynn

wake they fuck up

raelynn
it's raining, dude

addison
a little rain won't kill you

and it's important

raelynn
can't you tell me later, i'm not in the mood to socialise

addison
get your ass out of that house and meet me at the park

raelynn
ugh

addison
bitch, i'll buy you food

raelynn
see you in 10

I really wasn't in mood to do anything but she offered me food.

Looking down at my outfit, I decided against changing as it required too much effort which I didn't have.

Lazily, I climbed into my car, playing some music. Khalid played softly, calming me down.

As I arrived at the park, I saw Addison sitting on the swings popping some fries in her mouth. I snuck behind her, grabbing the fries from her hand before shoving a bunch in my mouth.

"Those are mine!" she shrieked.

"I know," I said, eating more fries.

"You know I bought you some?"

"I know."

"Ugh whatever," she said, giving up. "Anyway, how are you and Grayson?"

"Okay, I guess," I mumbled as my mouth was stuffed with fries.

"Has he been distant?"

"Mhmm," I said, more interested in my fries than the conversation. "Can we go inside the car. My fries are getting soggy."

"Yeah sure."

We walked towards my car before she grabbed the remainder of my fries and ate them.

"Now, stop eating and listen to what I'm saying!"

"Fine. Buy me more later, though."

"Yeah, yeah. Back to Grayson. When was the last time you talked to him?" She asked.

"Ur, two weeks ago probably."

"I'm sorry for being so straightforward, but he's hoeing around with other girls."

Though we've only known each other a little over a month, what she said hurt. I thought Grayson and I had a thing going. I definitely didn't expect him to be the 'fuckboy' sort of guy. And I definitely wasn't prepared to be this hurt by it.

"What do you mean?" I said, trying not to let my voice crack.

"Yesterday, I took my niece to the dentist and surprise, surprise, we had Grayson. He was hardcore flirting every chance he got. I pretended my niece was my daughter and got the fuck out of that office before he could try anything. I swear I even saw underwear in his office. And I'm pretty sure Grayson doesn't wear red lace thongs."

I was speechless. Grayson seemed so interested in me and I was to him. Addison noticed my mood and wrapped her arms around me to comfort me.

"I'm sorry, Rae. I didn't want to hurt you but you deserve to know. Please don't be upset with me," she said,
softly.

"I'm not upset with you, it's just a lot all at once," I whimpered. "He didn't try anything, did he?"

"No. I didn't stay long enough for him to try."

I wasn't really sure why I was so hurt. Grayson just seemed like a genuine guy and I saw something with him. I guess he saw something different.

"He was always flirty and cute. It's not like him to do this."

"I know, I'm sorry. He doesn't deserve you anyway. Money can probably buy all his expensive cars and outfits but it definitely can't buy a better personality."

Mica was my only heartbreak, but this still bought me a great amount of pain.

"I'm probably overreacting. I was probably just looking too much into a relationship that barely even started." I added a laugh trying to lighten the mood.

"It's understandable. You felt something strong and he's the only guy, other than Mica, that you've ever felt anything for," Addison said, reassuringly.

"Thank you, Add. I love you," I chuckled.

"I love you too," she laughed.

+

Once I got back home, and after Addison bought me another portion of fries, I decided to cheer myself up. I wasn't going to mope around for a guy who wasn't even my boyfriend. We were never official and this was a reminder that nothing was serious, and probably won't be. I decided to suck it up and let it go, after I watch a bunch of sad romance movies and cry, while eating a tub of ice cream.

+

so, grayson's a manwhoreeee
i ended rae's and gray's relationship before it could even started 🤪
thank you for reading :)
<3

recommendation
rosesyndrome
bad liar ; grayson dolan
[complete]