+ chapter eleven

+ raelynn's pov

Sitting in a booth of Sid's Diner, Addison and I had been laughing, bringing attention to our table.

"You nearly burnt the house down!"

"It wasn't my fault! I thought the microwave was the oven," I laughed.

Our laughter died down as we just sat and ate our sundae. Suddenly, Addison's face dropped.

"Don't look now but Grayson walked in with a girl."

Of course, I looked seeing him walk in, hand in hand, with a girl. She was giggling at something he said and it broke my heart a little witnessing it.

"Stop looking. He's not worth your tears, babygirl," she said, trying to cheer me up.

"I shouldn't even be worried. We weren't together. He can hoe around with anyone we wants."

"That's the spirit!"

We get back to our sundae but I can't help but glance over to the table Grayson and the girl were sitting at.

Addison clapped her hand, bringing my attention, which was at Grayson, to her. "How about we have a girls night. We need to relax and get everything out of our heads."

"How about the club instead?"

"Lynn, you don't drink, remember?"

"I need this. I need to let loose and just forget about everything for one night. I can't keep hanging on to the non-existent relationship between Gray and I. And I won't drink too much."

A look fell soon Addison's face which could be easily be read. There's no way I could go to the club without getting the slightest bit drunk.

"Are you sure, Rae? We don't have to. We can just go to my place and watch movies. Or just invite some friends over. We don't need to go."

"No, the club is something I need right now."

"Okay, but as soon as you feel uncomfortable, we're leaving," she states sternly.

+ grayson's pov
still at the diner

While sitting with Leilani, I couldn't help but watch Raelynn. She would laugh at something her friend said and she would probably reply with something funny as her friend laughed as well.

I look closely and can't help but notice the friend looks a little too familiar. I guess I was staring for too long and Leilani snapped her fingers in front of my face

"Earth to Gray."

"Oh sorry, I was just daydreaming."

"Gray, I've known you long enough to recognise that look. You like that girl. I can tell," Leilani sighed.

"I don't even know who she is," I lied.

"You're lying. Look, I know we broke up but I still have feelings for you. I came back to LA for you, and for Jayden."

The mention of Jayden caused me to furrow my eyebrows in confusion. I kept quiet, not wanting to continue with the conversation. Leilani seemed to give up also as she went back to her milkshake.