18

Van

I avoided him as much as I could, good thing is that he never made a move to even talk to me,  also its not necessary for us to talk to one another on the job.

Yes, I'm working but this is not a long term thing. Im only planning on staying here for the rest of the vacation.   I was bored as fuck at home, Mel and Alex has been MIA for a while now, I don't know why and Im not planning on asking them.

Despite the boredom, there was Chris. We've been through a couple of dates and it has been amazing. I learned new things about him and every time that we meet there is always something that I discover about him, and those things makes me fall for him even more.

Don't get it wrong though, we're still not boyfriends yet. I asked Chris last time why he haven't asked me that question yet and he told me that, he is sure that he wants to be with me but he can see that I still have my hesitations so it is up to me. He told me that once I am ready, I will tell him.

I just can't believe how can he be so perfect sometimes. Chris has the looks that could make anyone swoon so why is he willing to waste his time waiting for a person like me?  He also knows about my job, however he doesn't know yet that Jerrald is also working here. But I don't see the importance on telling him anyways.

Finally! Its lunch time. I got up and went straight to the pantry with my bag of lunch. My mother has been ecstatic when she found out about the job, she even offered to always cook for my lunch in which I am glad.

The pantry is huge, hence theres a lot of available tables and seats. I chose to sit on the area near the window and away from the crowd. Its better to stay away than try to mingle,
I was about to eat when a figure slumped down on the seat infront of me.

I looked up, only to see the Jerrald Ojo himself.

Yes, I was mad at him but its all in the past now. I was never one to hold grudge on to someone for a long time and besides, I consider him as a friend before the incident.

"Hope you dot mind me here."
He said with hesitation in his voice.

What? Does he expect me ask him to leave?  Im not that childish, and I was raised far better to be rude like that. Hence I gave him the most reassuring smile that I know. He smiled back at me, his face then lighten up and I choked the food that Im eating. He's just so captivating and attractive.

" You alright?"  He asked.

I nodded then looked down at my food again. What should I say? Should I talk? Its times like this that I wish I have more conversational skill in me. I cant even keep up on small talks, God! This is so awkward!
" so how are you?" He asked.

" Im doing great, you?"

" Well, first.... Val and I is not together anymore, also I have my own place now and this job."  He said that all too proudly, also making it sound as if I'll have benefits from those things. Why? I was thinking of saying " So?" but refused to do it, aside from it sounding rude, I remembered that I asked him how was he.

" errrr... Im sorry about you and Val however, hmm congrats on the place and job!"  I said with an awkward smile on my face. Somehow, knowing that they're not together anymore made me happy.... But why? I shouldn't feel this way, I have Chris now. Then just like that, my thoughts went back to Chris and how I feel about him. I kinda miss him, I wish he's here beside me.

" So you and Chris huh?" I was surprised by the tone when he asked that, it sounded as if he's mad about it.

" hmmm .. Well yeahh but but.. We're not together yet, we're still on the dating stage." I explained, then face palmed my self mentally. Why am I even explaining this to him?

It's because you still like him

No, no.. ... ... Actually I do, I still do and thats the reason why I felt relieved when I knew that he's single now and I explained to him that Chris is not my boyfriend yet.

But you also do like Chris

Yes... ..  ... Yeah I do. I really do.  The guy makes me feel so special and worth it.  He is sweet and gentle, and hard. (dirty thoughts) ehe.. Just thinking about him made the butterflies in my stomach flutter and my heart beat faster.

God! Im such a horrible person. I'm so confused right now. Can I really like two persons at the same time?

Am I that selfish?

That desperate for affection?

I snapped out from my train of thoughts when the tall figure infront of me spoke.

" Look, Van, I knwo what I've done and Im sorry, I have been an asshole towards you and you don't deserve that....

You probably will not forgive me but I want you to know that, I want us to be friends again.. I want the air not to be awkward when we're together."

He said all that looking at me intently. He doesn't have to apologize, I already forgave him.

"Alright"

I replied with a smile, honestly I am truly happy, yes I do like Jerrald but its not like Im gonna make a move for it, what Im happy about is the fact that we sorted things out between us.

We finished our lunch then decided to head back to work together, we shared small talks and jokes although out the short walk that we shared.
-
Ive decided to tell Chris later that Jerrald is my co worker. Then I'll hug him and kiss him. Then we'll make out and make out and make out. .. .. ..

Yeah I'll do that, the thought made me blush and giddy at the same time. I miss him so much.

Maybe I'll surprise him later, I'll go straight to his place after shift.

I tried to look around on out workroom. Its been a week since I started and honestly, I haven't even made a friend here, thanks for being the socially awkward person that I am.Its not that people around me avoided me, most of them have already tried talking to me, but as Ive said earlier, I cant even keep small talks alive. Most likely they'll just leave me alone eventually, probably realizing that Im boring as fuck.

My gaze then landed on the pair of dark orbs, directly staring at me.

Jerrald has been staring at me already?

I felt my face heat up immediately, then he smirked and winked at me making me blush even more.

----------------------------------------------

So how is it guys so far?

Please do give me a feedback,

🍑🍓💋🚬