21

Van

The dinner went well, the food was amazing. Aside from my a parents being their crude selves, asking weird questions about me and Chris. In which my boy gladly answered all of them. I still cant get enough of the foods that mum made. She went beyond extra in which I am great full for, as theres a lot of left overs for me to munch on later at midnight.

After dinner, since its the weekend we all decided to be cozy and watch a movie at the living. All four of us. My instincts are correct, Dad invited Chris to sleep over. He's the one who even offered my room and for him to sleep with me. It wad crazy how insane my parents are. I wont be surprised if they have put a hidden camera in my room just for tonight. ehe. Not that I'm looking forward to it though, if its bound to happen it will happen.

Right now Im just happy that three of the people whom I cared the most in this world is here with me.

As the movie started, I decided to go the kitchen and grab some leftovers. I cant help it. Mum is a great cook and there's alot, cant just let those go to waste. I was about to walk towards them when ut dawned to me that Chris is here. I have a plate full of different meal now, I suddenly became concerned about my eating habit.  My parents is used to me being like this, but Chris? I dont know. Maybe he'll get disappointed at how much I eat. God! I already ate dinner with them and I still craved for more. Of course he will be disgusted. The thought made me so anxious. So I turned around and was about to go back to the kitchen when my name was called by Chris.

I faced him and saw him gesturing his hands to come near him. He has a serious expression on his face. He already saw me with the plate in my hand, it would be stupid to still try and get away. So I walked over him and took a seat beside him. I quickly placed the food on the table beside me and focused my gaze on the screen.

"You dont have to be scared of me judging you just because you love eating" I heard Chris said beside me.

This man! urrggg how did he know what is going through my cubby brain ?

I just nodded, not trusting my mouth to utter  a reply. Then I leaned towards him. His body heat spreading to me. I placed my head on his chest while he started to softly rub my back. Everything is perfect, a few minutes in the movie, I started eating the food and brought with me.

Half way through the movie my phone started to ring. Not wanting to disturb the three, I got up and signalled Chris that I'll just take the call. I stood behind our front door and pulled my phone out.

Jerrald?

Why is he calling. And at this time ? Well, technically were friends, so theres no point on taking this badly. So I answered the call.

"Van are you alright? You're absent today and they told me you were sick"

Jerrald, sounded so concerned and worried. I cant help it, hearing that made my heart flutter. God Im the worst! How could I feel this way when Chris is here.

"Im ok Jer, dont worry. "

"Thank goodness, I thought some accident happened to you or something"

I chuckled at his response.

" Hey hmm you free this weekend?" He asked.

Suddenly I know where this is going. But again, were friends. Maybe he just wants to hang out and I will not let myself do the same mistake again.

" Not sure yet but I think I am, why?" I said.

" Lets hangout, I want to show you my place. If you're ok with that? I mean  ... err we can hangout also outside...... " He blurted out.

Imagining Jerrald, sounding so apologetic and fumbling through words made me smile wider.

" Its ok Jer, we can hang at your place but, I'll still let you know if Im free or no."

And with that, he agreed and bid our good byes.

I went back to where my parents and Chris are.

" Who was that?"

Chris asked, his tone is serious. I dont know if it will be good to tell him that it was Jerrald, but I dont want to make up a story and lie to him either.

"Give me your phone." He ordered, I have a very bad feeling about this.

" Its just no one Chris," I said and tried to get closer to him, but to my surprise. He move a way a little from me.

"Give me your phone then." He said, he still has that serious expression in him. Knowing that I really dont have a choice, I handed him my phone.

Then I saw him go through my call log, I bit my lip at that moment. This is bad. This is bad.

Once he saw what he needed to see. He place the phone on the table infront of me.  Then he said nothing, he did not even looked at me. He just stared at the TV and leaned back on the sofa.

I also did not tried to utter a word, not now atleast, I know that we will talk once he's calmed down.

He also kept his distance in which made me sad even more. I wanted to cry, what have I done ? I want to hug him right now but I cant. I just sat still in my position. I dont knoe if my parents noticed us or their just so occupied at their own world as they never said a word to us. Eitherway Im glad that they did not butted in.

◽️◾️◽️

A/N

How is it ?

Let me know please

Thank yah.