#21

Jungkook was sitting on the couch, leaning his head back as he rubbed his temples, when he suddenly heard noises coming from his bedroom. "P-please, n-no."

Alarmed, he shot up from his position and rushed to the bedroom, where he saw the younger stirring and kicking around in bed. He was clutching onto the bedsheets as his chest rose up and down. "D-don't, I'm sorry, p-please don't hurt me, h-hurts."

Jungkook felt his heart crush at the words, he was really going to break down soon. He couldn't stand seeing Taehyung in so much pain. He didn't waste a second and immediately rushed to Taehyungs side, gently shaking him awake.

"N-no! S-sorry," Taehyung said, eyes still shut close, more frantically this time as he felt someone touch him.

"Tae, it's me. It's only a nightmare, I'm here."

Taehyung was still not calm, thrashing his arms around as well. Jungkook cupped his cheeks, "Baby, look at me. It's just me. There's no one here, baby, please." Jungkook said, the term of endearment coming out on its own, he didn't know why he called him that, it just felt right.

And it seemed to work, as he kept whispering comforting words, Taehyung listened to Jungkooks voice and started slowing his breathing down.

Jungkook pulled the younger closer to him as he sang a soothing song for him, hoping that it would lure him back to sleep.

"I-is he gone?" Taehyung asked, face still buried into Jungkooks chest.

Jungkook didn't know who the man was, but he was sure Taehyung was talking about him.

"He was never here. It was just a nightmare, baby. He won't be able to harm you anymore, not with me around, okay?"

Taehyung nodded, wrapping his arms around Jungkook, suddenly feeling even more vulnerable. The thought of his father coming back and hurting him wasn't willing to leave his mind. The tears started pouring out of Taehyungs eyes again, and Jungkook could feel the wetness on his shirt.

He pulled the younger onto his lip, gently cupping his face. He looked intensely at the younger, wiping his tears with his thumbs.

"Baby, do you trust me?"
Taehyung nodded, wiping away his tears with his sweater paws.

"Then believe me when I tell you that no one's going to hurt you anymore, okay? I would do anything for you to be happy again." Jungkook unintentionally confessed, to focused on calming the younger down.

Taehyungs eyes grew wide, "R-really?"

Jungkook chuckled, "Really."

Taehyung buried his head into Jungkooks chest again, sighing contently. He really felt safe in Jungkooks arms, safer than he had ever felt in his own home.

They stayed like that for a while, when Jungkook cautiously asked, "Tae, who was that?" He felt Taehyungs body tense up, and he hated bringing it up again, but he needed to know who it was if he wanted to do something about it.

Taehyung pulled away from his chest as he fiddled with loose strings from his sweater, still settled comfortably on Jungkooks lap.

"N-no one."

Jungkook sighed, changing his voice to make it a little more stern but gentle, "Talk to me, please. Who was it? I need to know if I want to help you."

Jungkook stayed patient, observing every feature on Taehyungs face, while the younger took his time to get the courage to tell Jungkook about it. "It's okay, baby. Take your time." Jungkook reassured. He'd never want to do anything to make Taehyung uncomfortable.

"I-it was my father."

Jungkook hummed, encouraging the boy to keep going, "Go on."

"H-he used to hurt me all the time at home. W-with belts, and used to even burn me s-sometimes. He used to hurt me, and then take pictures of me crying. That's why I don't like cameras. B-but after a while, I couldn't t-take it anymore, so I ran away. I came to live with my uncle here and thought I got rid of him. B-but he found me again, he-he found me." Taehyung replied voice shaky. He almost broke down again, but Jungkooks arm around him rubbing comforting circles on his lower back was calming him down.

Jungkook pressed his lip into a thin line. The thought of anyone even thinking about hurting a boy as precious as Taehyung made him outraged. "Okay. Thank you so much for telling me. I'm going to fix this, okay? He won't come near you ever again." There was so much more he wanted to say, so much more he wanted the younger to know, but he was too angry, too enraged to even trust himself to speak. He had problems managing his temper, so he tried to say the least possible and comfort Taehyung with his actions instead.

Taehyung nodded, "T-thank you, kookie~", he said, yawning at the end of the sentence. Jungkook chuckled, "Sleepy?"

Taehyung nodded shyly, "Let's get you to bed then, hm?" Jungkook said as he laid Taehyung down on the bed, turning away when "S-sleep with me?"

Jungkook didn't even have to think twice before climbing into bed with the younger and pulling him close to himself. He wanted to protect the younger with everything he had. Seeing Taehyung in such a vulnerable state only made Jungkook fall harder, and he didn't think he would ever stop.

A/N: thank you for 500 reads! Lots of love ❤❤❤