#28

A/N: I don't really like this chapter, but I couldn't leave Taekook upset :(((
This is basically just them sorting things out, I'm sorry if it's not a great chapter, the next one is better, I promise! ❤
Double update for you lovelies!

Jungkook crouched down on the floor,
trying to figure out what had just happened. He couldn't believe he just said those words. He didn't even mean them, he was just jealous. Why did he have to hurt his baby? He held his head in his hands as he let the tears flow out, landing on the open sketch book he had on his lap. Taehyung drew Jungkook as his saviour, as his protector from his inner demons. And he was the one who hurt him in the end. He couldn't believe it. He got up and rushed out of the building, towards his apartment hoping that he wasn't too late.

He barged into the apartment, hair messed up and eyes red, panting, "Taehyung!!!"

There was no answer. He threw open their bedroom door and the bathroom door but was only met with silence. "Fuck!", he cursed as he rushed out of his apartment again, running towards Taehyungs apartment.

He was almost at Taehyungs apartment when he saw a familiar figure walking on the road. He could notice his slumped shoulders. He ran towards the younger, and held his wrist, "Taehyung?"

The younger turned back, head covered in his hood, and Jungkooks heart broke at the sight. His eyes were red and his cheeks were puffy, he could notice that he had been biting his lip. Taehyungs lips were still trembling and he was looking at Jungkook with so much hurt in his eyes. Jungkook hated himself for being the cause of this.

"L-let me go," Taehyung said, trying to seem strong but it only came out as a whisper. He was too broken to even put effort into another argument.

"Taehyung, I'm sorry."

Taehyung shook his head, yanking his hand away from Jungkook, "No. I don't want your sorry. Just leave." He started walking towards his apartment and Jungkook silently followed, unsure of how to fix things between them. He so badly wanted the younger back in his arms and shower him with so much love, like he deserved. He loved Taehyung, he loved him so much to the point where his own feelings scared him. He couldn't lose him.

Taehyung went into his building and entered his apartment, he turned around to close the door and gave a shocked expression when he saw Jungkook, "Why are you still here?"

"Please, please just hear me out, please." Jungkook whispered, voice coated with desperation as his own tears poured down his eyes.

Taehyung bit his lip, deciding whether he should let him in or not, "Taehyung please," Jungkook said, finally breaking down and letting his tears fall at an alarming rate. Hurting Taehyung was hurting him more, and it is obvious. He was clutching onto the sketchbook as he was looking into Taehyungs eyes, looking like a lost puppy.

Taehyung sighed, leaving the door open as he walked in. Jungkook followed.

"I'm so, so fucking sorry, baby. This is all my fault. I was jealous, I'm sorry. I should've just told you."

"W-why?" Taehyung asked, voice soft and broken.

"I didn't mean what I said. I- fuck, I trust you so much. I trust you more than I trust myself, please."
Jungkook took a moment as he roughly wiped his tears, "I-I was jealous because I thought I'll l-lose you to J-Jimin and I couldn't de-deal with it. I can't lose you, if I lose you, I-I'll lose everything. P-please."

"You thought you'll lose me to Jimin? You're so stupid. I love you! Not him! You could have just told me, I would've stopped talking to him." Taehyung spoke boldly, gaining a bit of his voice back.

"I-I know. But I got scared. I don't know how to talk about what's bothering me. I- god, I just saw those messages and I don't know-"

"You're so stupid. You know what I replied to the messages he sent me? I told him to stop acting like that with me because I was with you, because I loved you. He said he was just playing around."

Jungkook nodded, head hung low.

"Baby, you're anything but normal, in all the right ways. I don't know what was wrong with me. You're so special to me, and I love taking care of you. I'm sorry for rubbing on your insecurities, but I'm serious when I tell you that you're so, so special to me and I would die without you." Jungkook said.

Taehyungs tears started pouring out of his eyes again, "N-no, it's true, you're too g-good for me"

Jungkook kneeled down on the floor, staring up at Taehyung as he cupped his hands in his own. "B-baby, no way. Don't talk about yourself like that. I'm sorry for what I said, b-but I know it's not true. You're everything to me, you're beautiful, funny, kind, and everything I'll ever need. D-don't think of yourself that way, I know I hurt you but I'm going to fix this, please baby, give me another chance. Please."

Jungkooks body started shaking, his grip on Taehyungs hands getting tighter. He couldn't lose his baby, he just couldn't. His sobs were echoing through the apartment and seeing him that way, made Taehyungs heart break. He knew he said things he didn't mean when he was angry too. He crouched down, wrapping his arms around Jungkooks neck, "Shh, it's okay, Kookie. I forgive you. Please stop crying."

Jungkook wrapped his arms around his waist, pulling him into his lap as he let his sobs die down. Taehyung in his arms was like a cure to him. "I'm sorry, baby. I'm so sorry. I don't deserve you. I love you so much." He placed kisses on Taehyungs forehead.

Taehyung dug his head into Jungkooks neck, "I love you too, hyung. Please talk to me next time, I don't want to fight."

Jungkook nodded, "Okay, baby. I promise. I'm always going to be here to protect you, love. Your sketches are amazing, baby. You're so, so talented. Can I see more sometime?"

Taehyung nodded, not saying much. He didn't care about his paintings or sketches right now, all he cared about was being in Jungkooks arms again.

"I have something for you."

Taehyung hummed and pulled away, looking at Jungkook, "What is it?"

Jungkook reached into his back pocket and pulled out a box, "I bought this last week, I wanted to save it for something special. But I think now's the right moment." he opened the box and pulled out a ring, "It's a promise ring, I promise that one day I'll replace this with an engagement ring."

Taehyungs eyes glistened with happy tears as he looked up at his boyfriend. He could see the love in his eyes and Jungkook could see it right back. He knew the younger loved him and he would never let him think otherwise.

"Thank you, hyung." Taehyung said as he crawled back into Jungkooks lap. Jungkook leaned forward and connected their lips, "Anything for my baby."

A/N: there's probably about 2 more chapters left for this book to end, thank you for reading 💜💜💜