Reality's pain

Chapter 5

Brandi's POV

I awoke in the arms of my best friend.

I rolled over I couldn't see through the pith dark so I closed my eyes letting a tear slip, It was all a dream. I snuggled into Laura's side not wanting to let my voices get a hold of me but I knew all too well that this was bound to happen. I'd just end up back at the blades side searching for it's release again. I rolled out of Laura's arms sobbing quietly. It all felt so real I still can feel her long beautiful hair in my face as I clutched onto her. The smell of roses and grapes. I never wanted to wake up from that dream. I'd rather die in my sleep peacefully in the arms of the fake figure in my dreams. I went to sit up and hit my head on what I thought was the ceiling at first, it shocked me and my heart pounded, thinking I had woken Laura up because the last thing I needed right now was her to catch me sneaking off to the bathroom.

"Forgive me." I whispered as I went to get out of bed but fell to the ground my head was spinning as I clutched looking around. "What the hell?!" This isn't Laura's house.

I thought to myself. I stood up slowly glancing around cautiously my eyes met a window and I walked up to it. Was this real or was it just another fantasy to kill me once again? I noticed the early morning sunrise and the trees flying by. I was in a tour bus no doubt about it. Just then I heard someone's soft voice behind me... Demi. "Hey brandi what are you doing up?" She whispered. I didn't want to turn around and run to her. I still had the fear That I was merely dreaming but I hit my head and it hurt that had to prove it wasn't. A smile crept across my face.

I'll just go with it.

I spun around and running into her, engulfing her in my desperate grip. "What's the matter?" She asked kneeling down in front of me. I almost felt like a child when she did this but I brushed it to the side. "Nothing. I thought I was dreaming about the concert and everything and it's actually still hard to imagine all this is really happening." Even with the sunrise barely above the horizon I could still see her moonlit face as a smile crept across it. "Look at me, I'm real. It's happening." I shook my head. "I know, I must have been so tired last night that I can't remember what happened." She giggled at me. "That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard." I still had a pressing thought on my mind. Do my parents know? "Did you talk to my parents?" I asked, still staring at the window behind Demi. "Yes, I talked to them. Your mom picked up the phone and she said it was fine for you to spend the month with me." I smiled hugging her again. "Thank you so much!" I whispered somewhere between that and a yell.

I'd forgotten all about harming myself because around demi I felt at peace. I felt safe and this feeling was something foreign to me. "I'm going back to bed and I suggest you do too." She whispered, hugging me and leaving me alone once again. I snuck back to my bunk, smiling at the sleeping beauty before me. I crawled in with her, wrapping my arms around her this time. This is the way life was supposed to be just me, Laura, and Demi.

[that morning]

Laura's voice slowly aroused me from my deep sleep. After this mornings occurrence I knew this was my life for the next month.

Roaming the United States by Demi's side.

"Come on get up lazy ass!" Laura yelled. but I kept my eyes closed letting a small smile play across my face. "I'm gonna get the water." Demi chimed in, threatening me. I just laughed. "I'm not scared of you Demetria." I mumbled, instantly opening my eyes at the crackle of a water bottle. I shot up and Demi laughed. "Ha! Got you up! Now to get Mar up." I smiled. "Wait, Marissa's here?" I asked as a plan hatched inside my mischievous brain. "Why don't we play a prank on her?" Demi grinned evilly glancing over at Laura who shrugged pointing at me. "Your idea, you're taking the fall." I just shrugged, groaning. "Yeah whatever." We all crept into the living room and Demi stopped dead in her tracks when she caught sight of Mar who was up cooking breakfast. "Dammit Marissa go back to sleep." Marissa's face was priceless she just stared at us in shock. "What so you can put whipped cream on my face, or freeze my bra?" We stared at each other in awe she had known we were going to pull a prank. I bit my lip. One of us was bound to burst out in a fit of laughter but it wouldn't be me. Demi of course was the first to break. As she giggled a little we all pointed at her yelling "she laughed first." In unison. Marissa turned around placing her hands on her hips and hold a plate in the other hand. "What are you doing? Modeling food over there?" Demi asked between her gasps for air as she continued her little giggle fit that quickly turned into full out laughter. "As a matter of a fact I am." she said, taking her hand off her hip and waving to an invisible crowd as she set the paper plate down and began eating. "Wow, you look sexy with that paper plate." I smirked at my sarcasm, causing her to roll her eyes as I sat down. "What no food for us?" Laura asked while pulling Demi up off the floor. I just sat there I wasn't going to eat. No way I'd already ate too much this week. Laura turned to me mouthing 'eat' to me I shook my head violently getting a sigh from her in return.