Distance

Chapter 24

Brandi's POV

It was nearly time for school. tomorrow was Sunday then I was off to wherever Demi planned on sending me. I gripped the phone in my hand ready to dial her number but hesitation led to completely abandoning that idea. "Brandi, baby I'm home." Demi's voice echoed throughout the house, I found myself drawn to the food and ran to her aid, grabbing the mcdonalds burger and running off to the couch with it. "Thanks mom." I replied as the fridge opened and closed. She shuffled into the living room, smiling and sitting in my lap before I could take another bite. "I love you." She bopped my nose before getting up, only making me smile. "Thanks for trying to make me feel better but I highly doubt that's possible." Her footsteps then a voice. "Whys that honey?" I cursed myself for even saying anything in the first place. "I just don't know." There was silence. "I'm debating on calling Laura." She smiled and ran over, jumping over the back of the couch careful not to fall but being Demi lovato, the girl famous for falling; she goes tumbling to the floor. "Mom, you okay?" Sitting up, she found my eyes and pushed herself up. "Duh." She sat beside me, happily and eyes my phone. "I don't know if I should call her." I mumbled. My mother showed a sense of hurt not for her but for me because I was scared of getting rejected by the girl I loved. "It's worth it. Trust me, she misses you too." I picked up the phone, smiling falsely and dialing her number. "Brandi?" Her raspy voice filled the phone as another voice followed. "Who you talking to baby?" She had found someone else. Moved on from me. I felt a piece of me break as I gave my mom a look. "Brandi please talk so I know you're okay." I sighed. "But I'm not, I'm broken." She went to protest but I hung up, tears falling down my face despite Demi's hands wiping away some of them. "Baby come here." She pulled me into a hug, letting me melt into her embrace. "Sh-she's with someone else." Demi pulled back angered and grabbed her keys, heading for the door. "Demi stop!" I snatched her keys away causing her to turn around. "That bitch hurt you I don't care who she is she's gonna get it." Attempting to grab the keys back, she failed. "And what is going up there and beating her up gonna solve?" She calmed. Her face softening as she took the keys back. "You're right. I just got carried away."

Laura's POV

"Ooh who's calling?" Amanda voiced from her bunk across from mine. "Shut up okay it's my girl." I answered the phone "Brandi?" Silence. Amanda giggled and mouthed watch this. "Who you talking to baby?" She snickered and I flicked her off my heart beating out of my chest hoping Brandi didn't hear that. "Brandi please talk so I know you're okay." I was worried now and ready to beat the living hell out of Amanda. "But I'm not, I'm broken." She whispered hanging up. I jumped down from my bunk climbing up onto Amanda's and grabbing her shirt. "You fucking hurt her are you out of your mind?!" I let her go and left the room slamming the door. Gotta go back home now.

------------------------------------

Something messed up with wattpad and I just now noticed that the update titled your gone is screwed up so I'll try to rewrite it or something tomorrow night

Stay strong

~Hannah