Halfway

A/N: Brandi is 17 and Laura is 19. Just so you guys aren't confused.

Chapter 26

Brandi's POV
      I sat against my bed on my phone. It rung once, Laura's name was on the screen and I could barely believe it. After so much time she decided to call. "Hello?" She sighed. "Hey Brandi." "Please don't call me." "What?" She asked confused. I was hurting, I was done being played like love was a game. Like my heart was only a toy. "I can't do this Laura." The other end went silent and I sighed. "Laura?" "Yeah?" "I love you, I really do but the distance is killing what we Have." She moved loudly. "We can work it out baby." She sounded desperate and I almost believed she was just as scared to lose me as I was her. "No there's not gonna be any working this out. You're gonna meet someone new. You're gonna be there for four years And I'm holding you back. I don't want that." Silence. "Please don't do this Brandi. I love you so freaking much. Please." She sniffed and I felt a pang of guilt as she hung up. I wanted this pain gone. I needed relief. Standing up, I flipped on the bathroom light just as my mothers voice filled the house. "Braaandddii." She called. I ignored her.

Find your blade, numb the pain.

I searched. Nothing. Where is it?

The itching in my wrist grew by the second until I found myself in the floor scratching at my wrists causing as much pain as possible. Forget her. You never needed her. Everything about this heartbreak was tearing me apart, I shouldn't be doing this because of her. I shouldn't be doing this period. All this pain. Within seconds I found myself in my mothers arms being carried off to my bed, bloody wrists staining her shirt as she laid me down and gripping my wrist, tears Rolling down her face but I was all blurry to me. It didn't register, her voice called out but never made a sound. Not to me it didn't. I broke my clean, I broke it over my best friend... My girlfriend. She wiped away the tears filled with pain and kissed my forehead as she cleaned my wrists, once again I was numb, my mind empty. I just needed her, to feel Laura's lips brush against mine, to hear her voice, her breath tickle the back of my ear as she whispered and sung me to sleep. I just needed her

Laura's POV
      I laid in my bed that night staring at the ceiling. I was over her, my feelings had changed. Time and distance had taken it's toll on what little we had left in love. I still missed her, not only as my best friend but as my sister, as my girlfriend. I gripped the covers, pulling my phone out but hesitating. Like she'd want to talk to me. Not after what she heard on my end of the line. She thinks we're over. I can't call her and hurt her even more than I already had but I couldn't stop myself from going through the endless amount of videos. Keep them for memories she said. For memories, I agreed. I remembered hugging and kissing her with such passion and now we seemed stuck back at square one.

~Flashback~
I grabbed her hand looking, into Brandi's eyes as we lay in her bed, legs tangled together in a mess of sheets. "I love you so much." She whispered. I smiled, causing her to laugh. We'd broken Demi's rules. We'd slept together the 2 nights before now and I found myself falling harder for her with every breath we took. "Demi's gonna kill me." She giggled. "I could care less if it means you'll stay another night. I'll take the blame." We stayed in that same position staring into each other's eyes until I finally fell asleep.
~end of flashback~

I stood in the bathroom and dialed her number. Waiting as seconds passed and her raspy voice finally squeaked hello. "Hey Brandi." She sighed and Shifted in her bed. "If you're just gonna tell me it's over, I already know it is so just stop calling. I don't even know if I want to be friends, you hurt me so for right now stay away. It's for the best." She trailed off and I took this opportunity. "But listen, this is all a mistake none of what you think is happening is really happening. I'm not cheating on you I swear." She hung up. I was already halfway to her house and I decided to drive overnight and surprise Brandi. How she would react? Nobody knows I can only hope she won't hate me.

--------------------------------------

I was gonna take a week long break but because I can't stay away from writing....

Stay strong

~Hannah