Tobin X Reader

Art by tumblr user, tomentomob, please check them out if you like Fire emblem fanart,, I personally like it,,

Requested by @nintendo-nerd

(Just like a side note but while I was writing this I was thinking, wow I think I would like to continue this as a series but I already have one that hasn't been updated for like 4 months.)

Y/N was just an ordinary soldier as most in the deliverance, why did she join? She really had no idea, she knew how to use a sword but that was all, now that she's in the deliverance she thinks of it as a big family to her even if most of the soldiers don't even know who she is. She was content with her life, but a certain fellow soldiers didn't feel exactly the same. Once the deliverance had gotten to the sluice gate at the border they were informed that it would not move unless the northern sluice gate was going on, but only royalty could open it up. That's all Y/N knew, so there wasn't much to do expect drink, but she didn't want to embarrass herself. So she walked around and saw a brown haired man sitting down and looking at the ground.

"Umm.. you okay..? " Y/N awkwardly asked, she examined him, he was an Archer by the looks of it. One of the main ones that she would see around the front lines as far as an archer could go. 'I swear his name is just on the tip of my tongue..' she thought as she kept staring. He looked up at her and got up face brushing away some dirt on his clothes.

"I'm doing absolutely fine now that.. what that sounds something that gray would say.. " the man mumbled to himself. He let out a big sigh. " I think I'm fine. "

"Are you sure? You looked really depressed back there. " Y/N added.

"I-I was looking at some bugs! Yeah! AH! Who am I kidding! " The brunette said in anger confusing the female in front of him.

"Uhh.. you need something..? " Y/N questioned him, so far this man has left quite the impression.

"Are you willing to listen? " The man replied with another question back.

"But I'm a stranger? Isn't that kind of weird? " Y/N questioned his actions once again.

"You seem like the type of person who can hold a secret, by the way names Tobin! " Tobin exclaimed puffing his chest with a smile on his face. Y/N looked at him closely again. ' I know I should be trying to help him right now but damn is he cute. ' she thought as they both sat down on the ground.

"Alright, I'm Y/N, I'm not exactly as the most shining soldiers. " Y/N informed him.

"Haaah.. I can relate" , Tobin added.

"What? But your the one of the best archers in this damned army! I saw you a couple of times in the front lines! " Y/N told him, his cheeks were full of embarrassment.

"Ah.. shucks, you make me sound like someone like Alm.. " Tobin spoke.

"Is that what's bothering you? I mean he is our leader, how can he not be super strong?! Besides from what I saw you're plenty stronger than the average solider! " Y/N encouraged "here, let's fight here and now! " Y/N offered. She was riled up. She felt a quick click with the brown haired fellow. Like the both of them were in the same position, always the people who would stand in the sidelines rather than the spotlight. She jumped up and got into a weird stance hoping to make him laugh.

"What're you doing? I wouldn't hurt an ally, no less a girl.. " Tobin argued. "But.. do you really mean what you said before? Am I really strong? " Tobin asked the girl. She looked at him, he still had a bit of doubt in his eyes.

"Yes! I believe each and every word of what I said! " Y/N continued on. Tobin was touched from the girls simple words.

"Thank you.. I think that's what I really wanted to hear right now.. even if I compare myself to Alm it's useless, he's a commander and I'm just a another soldier that can be replaced. " Tobin said. 'DAMN IT! ' Y/N screamed in her head. Without her brain even processing a single movement in her body she grabbed his shoulder strongly.