Hríd X Shy!Reader

Boy do I love Hrid. He's just 👌👌👌 yes yes yes. Also I swore I would not listen to his normal version until I get him so I can only base him on the New Years version so sorry if this contradicts his normal version. If so just tell me I can change it. Probably. Also if y'all didn't do the forging bonds with Hríd then whoops spoilers.

Requested by: @sabah_0009

Role:Summoner

It's been peaceful in Askr and Nifl since the war with Sutr has ended. Hríd decided to visit Askr since his sister was there, and maybe for someone else?

"Hríd! Welcome! " Fjorm greeted her elder brother with a small cough. Y/N hid behind Fjorm she was extremely nervous. When Hríd was with them Y/N watched herself fall in love with this icy king, the dreams she had with him was stuck in her head, to never leave her memory. Of course there was the asked trio along next to the two waving at the young king

"Fjorm, everyone! It's been so long! " Hríd exclaimed he walked towards the group with a smile plastered on his face.

"Hríd, how have you been!? " Sharena asked him.

"I been good. My country and it's people are well, I heard Askr is the same. " Hríd answered, Alfonso nodded.

"It is, we appreciate you coming here on your own time Hríd, " Alfonse said, Sharena snickered at her brothers politeness.

"Now where's your summoner? I want to talk to her.. " Hríd mentioned, it just made Y/N's heart beat harder. Y/N inched out and let out a cough. "Oh! There you are! How're you little Summoner? " Hríd asked her.

"I-I'm good.. I'm really glad y-you vi-visited us! " Y/N told him, Hríd was happy that she finally spoke to him.

"So am I, I'll only be here for a few days but I hope you all enjoy yourselves while I'm here. " Hríd added Sharena giggled.

"You make it sound as if we're the guests! You relax! This is our kingdom after all. " Sharena told Hríd. After a while it was getting late and Hríd was going over to Y/N.

"Hello there, " Hríd said. Y/N jumped and looked at him.

"h..hi.. " She mumbled. He could barely hear her at all.

"I was wondering if you wanted to talk. You seem so happy when I'm around.So I was wondering if you wanted to be friends. " Hríd told her, she just pulled her hood over her face. He laughed at her and crouched down to loo at her face.

"I would l-like that.... a whole lot. " Y/N told him

"Then its a deal, let's shake on it. I do owe you so at the least I can do is be your friend. " Hríd said taking her hand and shaking it. "If you ever need something tell me. Even if it's little I'm sure I can manage it. " Hríd told her.

"I t-think I have s-something in m-mind. " Y/N stuttered.

"What is it? " Hríd asked her.

"Can I visit your castle every now and then.. I mean yo-you can say n-no it's really f-fi—"

"No no!.. that's a fine request, but you sure about that being it? You could ask for anything. " Hríd questioned her. Y/N wanted to say to love her but that would be a horrible request for him to do. She didn't want to force him to do anything but she still wanted to see his face at least. She shook her head.

"Th-that's the only thing I-I want. I promise. " Y/N answered him, she was red as a cherry, which made Hríd to feel a bit self conscious. They were fairly close together about the right distance for a kiss. "I'll show you to your room then! " Y/N quickly said walking away from him. He put his hand on his cheek.

"Warm.. " He mumbled to himself as he followed Y/N to his room.

A month or two later

It was Y/N second visit of the month she was extremely excited to talk to Hríd again, she felt calm near him now. As if she didn't need to worry about what he's thinking about her. Once she arrived the townspeople recognized her, a few waved while a few were intimidated since she was Askr's Summoner, and a friend of Royals, others didn't care about her appearance at all. Y/N shyly waved back with a awkward smile at the few who waved. She knocked on the door of Hríd's castle. She was expecting maids or butlers to answer but Hríd himself opened it with a beet red face,

"A-are you okay Hríd? " Y/N asked him.

"O-Oh.. yes I'm fine. Just a few colleagues of mine were making fun of me. Anyways I'm glad you came over today, I wanted to ask how my sister is faring. "  Hríd told Y/N.

"Fjorm is well.. other then the coughing she's well. She's enjoying her time in Askr. " Y/N told him, Hríd grew a big smile on his face.

"I'm glad to hear that. Ylgr is also fine, she's been playing with the children from the town. I also wonder how you're doing, dear Summoner. " Hríd told her.

"Ooh.. I'm fine Hríd, everyone is always trying to protect me so I'm always very healthy and safe! " Y/N exclaimed.Hríd chuckled.

"I'm glad to hear that. So what brought you here today though? " Hríd asked her.

"I.. I really.. wanted to see.... yo— snow! Yes snow.." Y/N told him

"Oh! Well I'm glad you wanted to see snow then if it brings you back here. " Hríd said. With his words he remembers the dream she had with him, he, of course doesn't remember them but the words he told her is the reason why she loves him so much. She visited him in hope of him saying something close to those words. She's getting closer every visit though. The two talked for the whole day until Y/N had to leave. "Wait!" Hríd called out for her. She turned around at his sudden appearance. He grabbed her hands and put something in her hands. Once he let go she saw a small snow globe in her hands.

"Oh Hríd... I love it! B-But you can't give me such gifts, give it to someone special! " Y/N nagged him and tried to put it back in his hands, but Hríd was stronger than her so she couldn't.

"You said you missed snow right? You don't need to travel so far to see it now, I was searching for it to give it to you on your next visit, but I found it just now and I wanted to give it to you before you had left. So I command you to keep it as the king of Nifl! " Hríd demanded. They both laughed at him. "Well I guess I'll see you next ti—" before Hríd could finish his sentence Y/N gave him a hug.

"Thank you Hríd... for everything. " Y/N thanked him. Hríd wrapped his arms around her with his face a bit red.

"No need to thank me. " Hríd replied to her. She let go and smiled at him.

"I'll see you soon Hríd. I lo.. I love this place. " Y/N told him as she hopped on a carriage. Once she left some of the townsfolk snickered. They were watching their lovesick king watch his beloved leave.