Shigure X Reader

Art by tumblr user: mimi-loves-foxes

Requested by: @Megurine_Mix
I wrote this a month after the request, so I forgot about the singing part I apologize,,

Role: child of a random lance fighter, a bit older than shigure.

I have been taking care of Shigure almost my whole life. Since my father was pretty loyal to Corrin he offered his first daughter, me, to take care of his first born. I couldn't believe it, I turned 10 and I was ordered to be his playmate. He was quite distant from me until I was there for over a year. It was his birthday, so I made him a little gift, it was cookies since I had no other task I could do by myself at the age. I put the cookies in a small bag and waited from him outside. He opened the door and spotted the bag in my lap.

"..Yo-You made cookies...? " Shigure asked, he looked a bit upset.

"Sure did. " I replied to him. I put them out for him to grab them. "Happy birthday Shigure. " I told him, I didn't sound too enthusiastic but he had the widest smile I ever saw.

"....Thank you! " Shigure thanked me as he sat down to eat, he pulled out half of them and gave them to me. "Here! You have some too, " Shigure told me.

"Well I can't refuse a Prince, " I commented and ate with him. We eventually became friends down the road. Now to the present, I'm 19 while he's 17. It was such a peaceful morning it was. Until some odd forces had attacked the building we had lived in. I grabbed my spear and went to protect Shigure. I looked around and there was bloodied corpses laying on the floor of once a happy family.

"Shigure! " I called out for him. His room door was opened so he must be out by now. I ran outside and saw him fending off a strong looking solider. "Shigure!! " I called out

"Get my Pegasus! " Shigure demanded, I nodded and ran to find his Pegasus. I saw the winged beast right in front of me. Not knowing what to do I had just grabbed its lead and ran to Shigure.

"Hurry! " I exclaimed, Shigure ran over and got on, I hopped right on as we flew through the outrealms portal. I looked over to see where we are and I saw a familiar face. Lord Corrin and his wife. "Mother! " Shigure exclaimed. Shigure explained everything. His father's army fought the army of solders chasing after us, I could barely catch a breath. Shigure headed over to his mother.

"Your Father and I checked your village.. they're all dead.. " Azura told her son. Shigure's eyes looked as if he was going to cry, but he didn't, he remained strong. I cried though.

"I.. I can't believe this.. " Shigure mumbled.

"I must find a new place to hide yo—"

"No! I can help you and Father in your guy's cause! " Shigure argued,

"If I may.. milady, I would be happy to join him. " I added in. Azura let out a sigh.

"Promise me you'll protect my son. " Azura asked me.

"Of course. " I replied.

"Then that's settled! " The albino prince announced. "My son, can I talk with you tonight? " Corrin asked Shigure, Shigure nodded.

"Of course Father, " Shigure said as his parents parted. I looked at Shigure, worried. I looked around and saw no one. I embraced Shigure and patted his back.

"You're much taller than me now. " I commented. "Y'know Shigure, I think you're very strong, I.. I admire you a lot. " I admitted. I heard small sniffles come from Shigure.

A month later.

It has been quite a while since we had joined. Shigure seems fine now, I'm sure he's still sad though. He is quite strong. He doesn't talk as much as he used to though. It does make me feel a little upset at the very least. One day I decided to follow him into a forest. Once we were pretty deep in he sat down and sang. His voice was absolutely lovely. My face was red, I thought he was just a younger brother to me but.. I guess not. The way he sang without a care in the world, the way he looked at peace made me feel calm and relaxed. I listened closely as he sang. Once it became dark I had to hurry up before he noticed me. By the time I got back my cheeks were redder than apples. I saw Lord Corrin passing by me.

"Oh! Hello Y/N! " He greeted me.

"Hello.. hows my dad doing? " I asked him. Corrin smiled.

"He's doing quite well, your mother and him are quite the fighters you know! I'm glad to have a whole family fighting for my cause! " Corrin exclaimed. "But I wanted to ask, what do you think of my son? " He asked me.

"I.. I see him as my liege. " I replied to him, I was so nervous, I couldn't think. My heart beating as if I had been caught spying on them.

"No need to! Since your father and I are close no need to be so formal with my family! You took care of my son for quite a long time haven't you? 8 or 9 years in your guy's time? " the prince asked me, I nodded. "I would love to hear about my son sometime, but right now I have to go talk with his mother, I'll see you soon Y/N! " Corrin said as he waved good bye to me. I waved back as he left. My heart slowly calmed down.

It was the next day, Shigure was at my door with a pleasant surprise. "Shigure? What're you doing? " I asked him, he just smiled.

"I wanted to ask you something, something important. " He added.

"Alright, shoot. " I replied.

"I love you. " He confessed.

"Huh, I think I'm quite tired right now, repeat that. " I told him.

"I said I love you, you've been taking care of me since I was a child. This childish crush has grown stronger and stronger by the years.. I love you... so much.. " Shigure confessed, my eyes were wide, my jaw dropped. A royal family member, the one I took care of for years. Loves me.

"W-Wait are you sure Shigure? I mean I'm not exactly the ideal bride! " I explained to him.

"To me, you fit the role perfectly, " he replied. My heart thumping as fast as it could, I can't see him as my little brother anymore. The more I see the more my heart races.

"Oh gods Shigure.. I knew something was up when I heard you sing.. " I told him.

"When? " Shigure asked me, surprised.

"Last night,.. truthfully I was just curious! " I told him, my whole face as red as a cherry.

"Even though you may be older you have no chance against me. " Shigure stated. I knew that. I knew that too well now. His lips touched mine. Such soft skin he has, I wrapped my arms around his waist. Thank god my dad knew Corrin.