PROLOGUE

2 Years Ago

Yujin's POV

I sat patiently on the bench outside the office, awaiting for the door to finally open and to hear the news that would decide my future. My gaze lingered on the floor as I nervously twiddled my thumbs, ignoring the painful numbness in my behind as well as the curious looks thrown my way by passing workers. I wasn't sure if they were glimpsing due to the fact that I wore a mask indoors, the fact that I wore a completely black ensemble, or the fact that I was so still that if it weren't for the moving of my thumbs, I'd appear as some statue. After all, I was a Min, this was our trademark: dark colors and lethargy.

That, and our gummy smiles.

I was just following my brother's instructions: to be inconspicuous and remain unnoticed. Unnoticed, something I was far from unfamiliar with.

"Don't draw any attention to yourself," He had muttered quietly to me before he had entered the office. I had simply nodded in compliance then, already well aware and used to the fact that my existence was a secret kept from his group members and anyone else that was concerned. Except for, now, the owner of Big Hit Entertainment himself.

The door opened after another agonizing few minutes, allowing my brother's figure to come into view as he exited the office, his hand clasping the back of his neck. I moved my mask to under my chin as I stood up in anticipation, my arms crossed in front of me and my eyes wide with wonder as to how the conversation went.

Yoongi sighed. "He said he couldn't give you any positions here. Some rule about idols' family members being prohibited from working under the same company."

My arms dropped to my sides in dismay. I had no idea what I was supposed to do now.

"But," He suddenly continued, causing my eyes to widen with hope. "Bang-PD said he could pull some strings and get you into JYP. If you accept, of course."

I bit my lip, my mind buzzing with thoughts and considerations. I didn't want this job, I never did. I never wanted to stand by the sidelines watching others live out my dreams. I didn't want to spend my life overseeing a group; making sure they got from point A to point B, that they behave, and that they stay on task. This is what my parents wanted from me.

So this is what I had to do.

If I had to be put through this, I had at least wanted to be under the same company as my brother, to be able to interact with him more and have a sense of comfort around.

Despite the disappointment that was my path in life because of my parents, my brother had always been there for me, lending me a shoulder to cry on and an ear to listen to my struggles. He always knew exactly what advice to give me to heighten my mood, and he understood the depth of my passion. That's why, as much as he could, he supported my dream to dance in any way. My brother was my rock, he was the most important person in my life.

I let out a heavy breath, my shoulders falling alongside my mood. I matched my brother's gaze, raising an eyebrow at him before shrugging, feigning nonchalance. "I don't really have much of a choice, do I?"

Yoongi let out a bitter chuckle, I could see the pity in his eyes as he observed my indifferent form. He ruffled my black hair gently, the gesture greatly displaying the affection he had for me. "I guess not. I'm sorry, kid."

I shrugged again, something I did often. "It's fine. Not your fault. Thanks for trying, Oppa."

My brother's lips quirked up at the sides hearing my use of the endearment before he did a quick scan of the hall we stood in. His gaze once again fell on me. "You should try to get out of here before anyone sees you. I'll go let boss know about your decision." I pursed my lips, giving a curt nod. "And don't worry about JYP, I know the groups there and they're all kind people."

After we said our goodbyes, we parted ways, him reentering the office while I turned the opposite way to head towards the entrance. My mask was once again covering my mouth and nose. I walked through the corridors of Big Hit Entertainment distractedly, trapped in thought and not too worried about my surroundings.

So it didn't come as much of a surprise when I accidentally bumped into a hard body.

I stumbled back, observing the guy before me. I was about to utter my apology, but I was not quick enough.

"Watch where you're going." He snapped.

My eyebrows shot up at his rude behavior, instantly recognizing the man as one of the members of my brother's group. However, his name was unknown to me. I scoffed, not being in the mood to deal with this right now. "Whatever, sorry." I muttered through my mask before pushing past him towards the exit.

"Excuse me? Who the hell do you think you are?" I heard mystery man bark from behind me. But I was unbothered and tired.

I didn't turn around as I simply held up a peace sign, my lips curving into a smirk at the sound of his scoff from behind me. With that, I pushed open the doors of the building.

~*~

Ahh the new fic has started! I really hope you guys stick by this story and enjoy reading! Please, if you liked this chapter, vote or comment, or even share :)