Chapter 27

Several Days Later

Yujin's POV

I had now completely moved out of my former apartment, my belongings now being clustered around my temporary room and in the guys' storage unit. I actually quite enjoyed staying with them, from cooking meals alongside Jin and even—to my surprise— Yoongi, to playing games with Tae and Jimin.

Oh, and seeing my boyfriend everyday had its bonuses.

Currently, the guys and I were entering the concert venue where their and Got7's show will take place. Today was the first day we would be practicing on stage. We all proceeded inwards, taking in the vast area that was bustling with various staff and workers.

BTS and I made our way onto the stage where the men of Got7 were already warming up. We greeted them before swiftly beginning practice. I was always impressed with how quickly all 14 of the men before me could go from playful and silly to serious and diligent when it came to work. I admired and respected them tremendously for this.

As I was facilitating their practice from below, analyzing their routine to ensure they adjusted well to the larger stage and to see how it looked from the crowd's point of view, an unfamiliar woman approached me. She looked around my age, maybe slightly older, with dyed blonde hair tied back in a slick pony tail and an all black ensemble, a name tag on her shirt. She bowed before me, introducing herself.

"Hi, my name is Sooji. It's nice to meet you."

I diverted my attention away from the dancing guys on stage, slightly confused at why this stranger was interrupting my work but nonetheless polite and friendly. I did a small bow in return. "Likewise, my name is Yujin." I glanced again at her name-tag before inquiring, "Sorry to ask, but what's your position here?"

Sooji giggled lightly, a bright smile on her face. "Oh, I'm a stylist and makeup artist for Big Hit. I mainly work under BTS, though." She then fanned herself jokingly. "I'm living the dream, am I right?"

I nodded hesitantly, slightly weirded out by the bizarre girl, replying, "Yeah..." I glanced back at the stage, registering now that the music had cut, to see everyone panting and sitting on the stage floor. "Well, that's my cue to go. It was nice to meet you." I halfheartedly spoke, ready to take off.

"Oh! I'll join you, I have a job to do, too!" Sooji laughed and I gave a feigned smile in return, walking timidly beside her up to the stage.

The guys were all being swarmed by stage-hands and assistants, handing them waters and towels and even holding fans for them. Before I could even comprehend it, Sooji had practically sprinted across the stage, water bottle and cloth in hand, towards Jungkook. My eyebrows knitted at the sight, my distaste increasing upon witnessing his bright smile as she toweled sweat off of his brow. I slowly made my way towards them, the sounds of Sooji's high-pitched giggle and Jungkook's chuckles greeting my ears.

"Hey." I addressed Jungkook. His attention turned onto me, bunny smile still prominent on his face.

"Hey, babydoll." He coyly murmured.

"Jungkook." I warned, warily eyeing Sooji who was still beside us and most likely heard him. I could've sworn I saw Sooji's grin falter, but dismissed my thought as she remained smiling and, for the most part, seemed harmless. "You guys are looking really good so far." I commented.

"Well, I mean, we did have this pretty spectacular choreographer help us out a bit." Jungkook shrugged, and I attempted to fight the smile that threatened to spread across my lips.

Sooji interjected. "Yeah, the choreographer is one thing, but it's the performers who really shine on stage." There was a certain bite to her tone that knocked any hint of a smile right off my face.