Chapter 24

Yujin's POV

I shot an apologetic look to Jisung over my shoulder as Jungkook dragged me away from him, further into the crowd of people on the dance floor. He stopped us around the center, gripping my waist hard as if to prevent me from running away.

His dark eyes bore into mine as his eyebrows scrunched in fervency. "You really like to test me, don't you?"

I couldn't help how my eyes drifted all over his physique as he spoke. He wore the same tux as the other 6 members of BTS, but it suited his build very well. It was fitted so that the flexing of his biceps was visible, and the color complimented his skin tone. It was also hard to miss the brunette shade that now dominated the top of his head, replacing the rosey-colored locks I'd come to admire. His newly dyed hair was styled and parted to reveal a small stretch of his forehead, his prominent eyebrows sharp and masculine.

He looked good.

And good was just an understatement.

As I shamelessly checked him out, Jungkook's expression remained unimpressed besides the darkening of his eyes. My lack of response was most likely not appreciated. His hands squeezed my waist, jolting me out of my trance.

Once he regained my attention, his hands slid around to my lower back and pulled me closer so that our chests touched, one remaining low on my waist as the other laced with mine and hovered in the air beside us. I hadn't taken notice to the shift in music until this moment; the once slow and delicate melody had shifted into a sultry tango (cue the video I linked). Our bodies automatically reacted to the music, fitting together like puzzle pieces and moving as one.

"What's got you so distracted, doll?" He taunted, voice deep.

I cleared my throat, meeting his gaze head on and regaining composure. "You know, it was rude to pull me away from my friend like that."

Jungkook scoffed. "Friend? That sure isn't what it seemed like to me. And what the hell was that with Jimin yesterday?"

"You mean him asking me to be his date?" I playfully wondered out loud. "I was only joking until you became all demanding."

A low sound emitted from Jungkook, almost similar to a growl, as I grazed the back of his leg with my foot, tracing an arc across the floor behind me afterwards. He pulled me back up to face him. "So you think it's funny to tease me?" His voice was husky and undeniably attractive.

I smirked. As the beat picked up, I felt myself gaining more confidence in my actions. Dancing was my element. I broke from Jungkook's grasp, splaying my hand across his chest before gently, teasingly slowly, running my hand around him as I circled him. Once I was behind him, I allowed both my palms to rest on his shoulders as I heightened myself to murmur in his ear, my lips brushing against his earlobe, "What are you, jealous?"

His response took me by surprise as he grasped both my hands and whirled himself around, hand low on my back, as he brought me into a dip. His burning gaze captured mine so that I was unable to look away, the intensity making me hot. "You are mine and no one else's." One of his hands caressed the skin where the slit in my dress revealed part of my thigh, causing shivers to run up my spine as he wrapped my leg around his back. "Get that through your mind now, because I won't be going anywhere any time soon."

Jungkook expertly returned us upright, twirling me before pulling me close again. I was too flustered to muster up any words, worried nothing comprehendible would come out at a time like this. Jungkook was passive to this as his eyes brazenly raked my body up and down. "I forgot to mention how sexy you look tonight." He muttered, then, closer to my ear so that his hot breath caused me to shudder, "Though I bet this is no comparison to what's underneath."

That snapped me back to reality. I quickly retracted a step, adding some distance, if only several inches, between us as we continued to sway alongside the beat. "Slow your roll, there, buddy." I warned.

Jungkook playfully pouted, cockily amused at the situation. "Awe, just 'buddy'?  What would you have called me the other night, then?" He ridiculed, arrogance seeping from his tone.

I rolled my eyes and bit back a curse. This man could go from seductive and alluring to flippant and pompous in the blink of an eye. "Do you get off on pissing me off?"

Jungkook simpered. "How'd you guess?"

"Way to kill the mood." I deadpanned.

I decided to observe our surroundings, finally, only to now notice that a large space had been cleared in the middle of the floor, surrounded by several dozens of people. And in the middle of it all, oblivious to everything, of course, was me.

And Jungkook.

Applause erupted from all around us, and, in a state of shock, I timidly bowed before promptly scampering out of the spotlight. I didn't bother to check whether Jungkook was following me as I practically ran to the outskirts of the venue. As I leaned against the wall of a secluded corridor, I fanned my heated face.

Unsurprisingly, a figure soon joined me in the empty corridor, shifting their weight onto their arm which was positioned beside my head against the wall.

"Why'd you run off so quickly?" Jungkook asked.

I heaved a breath. "I didn't want anyone to get any ideas about us." I paused. "But who am I kidding, rumors are probably already spreading everywhere."

Jungkook shrugged. "So what? Let them."

Disbelief painted across my expression. "You don't think this is a big deal?"

Jungkook sighed, shaking his head before placing his free hand on the other side of my head. Without hesitation his lips engulfed mine in a breathtaking kiss, knocking the wind out of me—as well as my resolve. His taste was a welcomed familiarity as our tongues glided together; I surprised myself with how easily I melted into the kiss. Just as I was about to grip his suit to close the small distance between us, Jungkook pulled back, a smirk playing on his lips.

He tilted his head to meet my gaze at eye-level. "Did you think I wasn't serious back there? You're mine and I'm fine with people knowing that. I want them to know that."

I pursed my lips. "We never actually discussed what we are yet, and I'm not some object you can just own." I crossed my arms across my chest and angled my gaze downwards.

"Okay, you're right, but can you honestly stand here and tell me you don't feel anything for me?" Jungkook gently tucked my chin between his fingers and tilted my head up to meet his eyes. I bit my lip at his question, my heart rate increasing tremendously, especially when he continued, "Because I can tell you right now that I'm crazy about you."

My cheeks burned under his intense stare. I couldn't help the flutter of my heart at his words and the warmth that spread across my chest. I failed to fight back a smile as I analyzed every inch of Jungkook's face, from the beautiful indent of the scar on his cheek to the precious moles on his nose and under his bottom lip. His captivating almond eyes shined with purpose and adoration. Grinning, I cupped his cheeks in my hands and brought his lips to rejoin mine.

He was shocked at first, but immediately recovered and met my advance with equal intensity. My back now off the wall, his hands replaced the cool surface and sent a comforting warmth up my spine. As our lips moved together, I joined my hands around his neck, pulling him closer before weaving my fingers through the soft locks of his hair. When I gripped the strands, Jungkook released a soft, guttural moan. I smiled into the kiss, placing one final peck on his swollen lips before pulling away, satisfied.

Jungkook was left with a dumbfounded expression as he wondered, "What was that?"

I brushed some hair out of his sparkling eyes as I responded, "My answer."

~*~

too quick? i don't know her
if you know the movie this song was used in then you have my respect and we can automatically be friends
thanks for reading ;)