Chapter 23

Yujin's POV

I wrung my hands together as my teeth gnawed on my bottom lip anxiously. I broke my stare from the passing traffic to glimpse the 7 boys around me who were all calm and composed, joking around as usual. I let out a sigh and checked the time on my phone, seeing we'd arrive in several minutes.

Bambam hooked an arm around my shoulders and gave my arm a reassuring squeeze. "Yujin, you need to chill. You're too tense. This isn't even that big of a deal."

I squeezed his hand and nodded, blinking. "I know, I know, it's just... up until now I've just kind of been in the background, you know? People are actually going to notice me now and I just don't want to disappoint."

"Yahh, where's our Yujin who makes people cower from just a glare?" Jackson teased and I squinted my eyes at him, causing him to laugh. I relaxed my stiff position and joined his laughter. "You see, there's nothing to fear, Yujin."

I reached across to grip his hand thankfully before another voice spoke up. "Yeah, and if you ever need something, you can always come to any of us. We're in this together, dude."

I accepted Yugyeom's fist bump with a warm smile on my face. "Thank you, guys, seriously. I appreciate every single one of you."

"Aish, when did Yujin start getting cheesy?" Jaebum complained through a nervous chuckle as I just continued to smile.

Finally, our JYP-provided vehicle pulled up outside the large complex where the gala was being held. Just from a quick glimpse outside, I could see the mass of reporters and photographers lined up along the entrance, their shouting accompanying the continuous flashing of cameras. The door to the car was opened, and the guys of Got7 began to orderly file out. A hand gently nudged me from behind, propelling me to exit the car. Bambam soon joined me, giving me a knowing smile.

"Show them who you are. Min Yujin." He poked my forehead twice for emphasis and I chuckled at the gesture.

Bambam then strut off with the rest of Got7 as they quickly and professionally posed in front of photographers. Soon enough, it was my turn, and without giving myself time to doubt I confidently strode forward. I ignored everyone's shouting and focused solely on not falling as I placed one foot in front of the other, stopping several times to pose and smile for the camera,  eventually making it inside the building.

I gawked at the intricate setup, not expecting such an extravagant setting for just a promotional event. The inside was massive, almost like a ballroom, with a large stretch of smooth flooring left for socializing and, of course, dancing. Along the edges of the room were long tables filled with all different kinds of delicacies. I licked my lips at the open bar, considering grabbing something to loosen up my nerves, but memories from the other night prevented me from following through with my wishes.

I continued further into the spacious venue before a hand rested on my shoulder, halting me in my step. I turned to meet Yoongi, an impressed expression on his face.

"Wow, what have you done with my Yujin?" He wondered and I playfully flicked his chest.

"I'm going to pretend that was an actual compliment. Thank you." I placed my palms over my heart mockingly.

"I'm kidding." Yoongi brought me into a hug and kissed the top of my head. "You look beautiful, kid."

"Thanks, Yoongz." I mumbled into his chest before pulling away, straightening out his tux. "You look pretty dashing yourself."

Yoongi shrugged and tugged his lip up into a smirk. "I mean, when don't I?"

"Oh shut up." I laughed as I batted his arm lightly. Our talk was then interrupted by several finely dressed individuals in tuxes matching my brother's.