Chapter 11: A love, a lie.

Marinette looked at everyone, waiting for a reply. Usually a lot happens with their group. Whether it's an akuma attack or boy drama, there's always something going on.

"Nope. Just Adrien's big splash! Why don't we play a game?" Alya exclaimed.

Nino and Marinette's eyes widened with excitement and Adrien just looked ahead with confusion. What game could they play? And why did Alya lie?

Without hesitation Nino picked up Alya and placed her on his shoulders and Marinette swam under Adrien and put him on hers.

"Wha- but Marinette I don't know how to play-" Adrien began to excuse himself before Marinette interrupted, holding his legs to keep him in place. "just try and push Alya off Nino's shoulders and into the water, simple!"
Adrien smiled confidently and replied whilst holding his arms out in front of him, preparing to push. "right!"

The teams pushed and shoved to try and get one another to fall into the depths of the pool and Adrien stopped for a minute as Marinette walked backwards, then all of a sudden they charged forward and shoved Alya off Nino's shoulders, flinging her across the pool.

Nino watched in astonishment. Beginners luck?

Alya surfaced from the deep end coughing and laughing and looked over to the group and saw Adrien and Marinette cheering and celebrating their win, she was not expecting that. "Beginners luck!" She shouted as she swam back "but good move, I wasn't expecting it"

"Pound it!" Mari and Adrien shouted in unison as they fistbumped. Alya stared at them in silence for a moment... That seemed familiar...

She shrugged it off and turned back to Nino "wanna go get a drink? I'm thirsty" Nino nodded.

"I'm hungry actually" Adrien added on and Marinette agreed. Alya got out of the pool and opened her bag, checking the time on her phone. "Well, it's almost 6pm, why don't we all go out and get some food?"

The group nodded in unison. "Great, we'll meet back here in 15 minutes. I gotta go change. C'mon Nino!" Alya stated as she walked away from the pool and towards her apartment and listened to Nino hurriedly walking after her.

"So... Why'd you cover for Adrien?" Nino questioned, wrapping his arm around her as he did. Alya looked at him as she walked "because it'd break Marinette's heart to hear that he's in love with someone else, plus it'd make things awkard, since they're sharing an apartment. I don't want that for my best friend."

Nino nodded understandingly "makes sense. I'd do the same thing."

She smiled lightly at Nino's agreement and pulled his arm from around her off of her and instead held his hand with their fingers entwined.

"He's definitely crushing on Marinette though" Alya stated.

"Definitely" Nino agreed "he just doesn't know it yet."

Meanwhile Marinette pulled herself out of the pool and approached Adrien who passed Mari her towel. "Thanks" she quickly said before violently scruffing her hair under the towel in an attempt to dry it. Adrien chuckled lightly to himself before doing the same. Marinette looked over at him and took a moment to admire the wonderfulness of Adrien Agreste. Toned body, light tan, sharp jawline, dark blonde wet messy hair, emerald green eyes... He was heaven sent...

"Is something on my face?" Adrien questioned, wiping his lips. Realising she'd been caught staring she quickly shook her head and looked down, blushing timidly.

"Right, well we better head to the apartment and get ready to meet up with Alya and Nino". Marinette smiled and nodded at Adrien before following him away from the pool towards their apartment.

This is perfect.

(A/N: Hey guys! I was motivated by some new active readers to update more often, I literally wrote this chapter on a bus coming home from Manchester. Thank you so much for reading, if you liked this chapter comment below and if you didn't comment what you did or didn't like, I love to get feedback. If you DID enjoy it be sure to give it a rate and keep an eye out for more updates, seeya round guys! X x)

Word count: 615