Chapter 23- Beach Towels

After forgetting their beach towels, the forgetful boys headed back to the apartments trying to be gentlemen once more.

(A/N-realised they were about to set off and this chapter made no sense 😂)

Marinette and Alya were sat waiting patiently for the boys when Nino appeared. 

Where was Adrien? 

Marinette sighed. This wasn't the first time he'd come back late. "I'll go get Adrien" she said with a playful sigh, knowing he was most likely struggling with something. Maybe he couldn't find her towels or maybe he couldn't decide which of his own went better with his outfit for an instagram post? His father had been making him update whilst he was away... 

She arrived at the apartment and saw Adrien on his knees, almost like he was frozen, in front of her suitcase. He was still stunned about Marinette being Ladybug.

"Uh... Adrien?" She said softly, not wanting to get too close to make him uncomfortable. 

He suddenly jumped, grabbed a towel and closed the suitcase. "WHAT? HUH?!" Marinette jumped at his sudden movements and looked at him with her eyes widened and he looked back at her before looking down. "Sorry, Marinette... I didn't mean to frighten you, I just didn't know you- ... I just didn't know you were... her-"

"Her?" Marinette was very confused as to what was going on. 

"I meant here! Sorry... suns getting to me..." 

Marinette smiled lightly and took her towel from Adrien before holding out her hand to him. "Don't worry about it, Adrien! We can sit in the shade and have a lemonade or an ice cream to cool down. We don't you getting sunstroke" 

Adrien blushed lightly and smiled as he grabbed her hand and got up, now holding her hand with both of his own and looking admirably into her eyes. Marinette quickly widened her eyes and began to blush, causing Adrien to do the same and swiftly let go and look away. 

"Uh..." Marinette grabbed his towel and passed it to him "that ones goes best with your swimming trunks..." 

Adrien smiled and nodded "thanks m'la- Marinette!..." 

They both went silent for a moment before Adrien left through the door. 

"Well, that was strange..." Marinette said quietly and Tikki popped her head out. "Yeah... Don't worry about it though, Marinette! Go enjoy yourself!" 

"Did you see the way he looked at me though Tikki?!" Marinette said, clearly giddy from the clear moment the two had shared. 

"Yes! It's a clear improvement from at school. Stay confident Marinette and who knows what will happen!" Marinette giggled and hid Tikki back in her purse and rushed out with her towel, following after Adrien who was waiting outside the apartment. 

"Oh- hey!" Mari said, thinking he'd have gone without her. 

Adrien smiled and took her towel from her and put both his and her own in his bag before offering out his arm to her. "Shall we?" 

Mari giggled lightly and slipped her arm through his own as they began their walk back to the pool to meet their friends and head to the beach before it gets too late to go. 

(A/N- Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed this chapter of my story, if you did please leave a rate, comment on your favourite parts and share with friends! Thank you so much for reading! Keep tuned for more updates and until next time, peace!) 

Word Count: 480