Chapter 21- The Box

Lila muttered curse words to herself as she walked back into her room. "Those bitches got away with it!" she groaned to herself and clenched her fist. There had to be SOME other way to get Marinette out of here...

Lila's eyes widened with anticipation as she pulled her phone out of her pocket and opened her camera roll. That box. There was something weird about it..

She got her laptop out of her suitcase and set it down on her bed, turned her light off and got to work researching, describing the box as best as she could into the search box. "Brown little hexagon shaped box, red symbols on top"

No such luck.

Lila flung her phone across the room to Chloe's bed in anger and folded her arms. "Someone HAS to know what that stupid little box is!"

As she sat there pouting she had a new idea. She got off her bed and walked over to Chloe's bed before grabbing her phone and rushing back to her own. She posted the picture in a wikihow page and asked what it was...

Answers came flooding in... But one stood out to Lila.

"That's a Miraculous box! I have been searching for one of them for years! Where did you find it?! They are impossible to get and find!"

Lila decided to message back to the person privately. "My friend has it. Can you tell me more about this miraculous box?"

Lila waited for a response which shortly after sending her message came through. It was like this guy had spent his whole life trying to get one!

"The miraculous box comes from the Miracle box. Inside a miraculous box is an item like earrings or a ring. These items are magical and give people the power to turn into superheroes. The only two that I know exist are in Paris with Ladybug and Chat Noir."

Lila widened her eyes as she read that message before smirking. She closed her laptop lid and stared out to the doorway with the smuggest facial expression ever.

"... Gotcha."

During all of this Marinette and Adrien were hanging out by the pool with Alya and Nino, enjoying themselves.

"Hey, why don't we just go explore? We've been in the pool once... Let's just go to the beach!" Alya announced as she hopped off of Ninos shoulders in the water. Marinette gasped in delight.
"That sounds like a great idea, Alya! Whilst we're walking there we can explore and see what else this gorgeous island has to offer... But for now I'm hungry. Why don't we get some breakfast before we leave for the beach?"

"That sounds like a great idea. I'll go grab towels from our dorm with Nino. You two ladies just stay there and relax."

Alya and Marinette looked at each other as they got out of the pool before shrugging and sitting down on a sun lounger. "That was really sweet of them... Maybe the sun's finally getting to them" Alya shrugged and the two laughed and chatted whilst they waited for the boys to return.

Nino and Adrien fist bumped before rushing into the seperate apartments to grab towels. Adrien headed to his suitcase and grabbed his towel and then headed to Marinette's. As he opened the suitcase something fell out of a side pocket and landed on the ground. A jewelry box.

Adrien looked down at it and widened his eyes, picking it up to further investigate it. "What the... That's a miraculous box..." Adrien stood and rushed back to his suitcase. Had she taken his miraculous box? Did she know?!

He opened his hidden compartment in his suitcase and saw his miraculous box and sat there in confusion.

"wait. If my miraculous box is here... Then how is there another one here? That would mean that Marinette was-..."

"...oh....OH!"

(A/N- hey everyone! I hope you enjoyed this chapter. If you did please comment down below what your favourite part was, give it a rate and share with your friends! The more interest I see in my fanfictions the more inspired I am to update them. Thank you all so much for reading and keep an eye out for more updates! Until then, peace! X)
Word count: 644