Chapter 35- Hero

3rd Person P.O.V:

Nethaniel and Chloe sat on the couch in Adrien and Marinette's livingroom in silence. Unaware of Marinette's whereabouts, unaware of what Adrien was doing or saying. All they could do was sit there and fantasize the what if's of the situation they were in.

"Were you involved in this?" The redhead muttered, breaking the silence and causing Chloe to jump a bit. "What?" Chloe enquired, only for Nethaniel to very quickly respond. "Did you know about what Lila was up to? What she planned and knows?"

Chloe was quiet. She couldn't say she wasn't aware of Lila's schemes, but she didn't know the secret, nor what Lila was truly up to. "Kind of.."

The silence grew once more and after a few agonising seconds of silence Nethaniel spoke once more.

"... I thought as much."

Chloe bowed her head in shame as the door opened and Adrien walked in.

"Adrien-" Nethaniel began as he stood up and Adrien smiled at his friend in his usual friendly manner. "Sorry about that, Nethaniel. I had to talk to Lila alone, she'd got me a little mad... But I've dealt with it now, so no worries!" he chuckled lightly. "you can go on and head back now if you want to!"

After a few minutes of polite chit-chat Adrien stood at his front door waving off his two classmates and closing the door as they disappeared around the corner, leaving him alone in the hallway of his apartment. 

Adrien took a deep breath as he turned his attention to the bedroom door and knocked on it. "Marinette?" He waited a couple of seconds before continuing. "Can I come in?" 

He was hoping she would say yes, that she'd end up opening the door and smiling at him- Now, growing all the more concerned, he bit his cheek and took a deep breath. 

"I'm coming in-"