Chapter 12: Loathing

As Adrien and Marinette walked away from the pool, they couldn't help feel the awkward sensation of them being watched. It was an unspoken feeling, but from the uncomfortable looks on each of their faces, you could practically read their minds. Adrien protectively placed his hand on Marinette's lower back, gently pushing her towards the apartment so they could be out of harm's way.

Chloe tutted at the sight of Adrien and Marinette together as she sunbathed in a glossy yellow sun lounger that she had brought from home.

"I'm back" Nethaniel stated, he was holding a drink and an ice cream cone. "Here you are Lila" he stated as he passed her the ice cream cone. "Thanks Nethaniel, I'll pay you back later"

Nethaniel nodded and suddenly caught attention of Chloe, who was muttering "Ridiculous, utterly ridiculous" to herself as Adrien and Marinette walked away, he sighed slightly in defeat at the sight and sat down in the plastic white sun lounger.
Still lying in her lounger, Lila called out to Chloe. "You're such a jealous bitch."

"Excuse me?!" Chloe exclaimed, shocked by what she was called.

"You heard me, just cause you aren't paired up with Adrien. I wanted to be paired up with him, do you see me staring at them and muttering about them under my breath? No"

"Knowing you, you probably do. Just because you said you don't do it doesn't mean anything. You also at one point said you were best friends with Ladybug after she 'saved your life' and um, look where that got you. You're a compulsive liar" Chloe said with a shrug, as if that was nothing.

"Enough!" Nethaniel shouted from the middle of the two. "I'm sick of this now, Adrien and Marinette are just trying to enjoy their holiday, just like we should be doing. So both of you, quit your arguing, leave Adrien and Marinette be and get a grip!" He then put on his sunglasses and sighed calmly to himself, clearly relaxing after that outburst.

The two girls sat there in silence with their arms crossed, looking down to the ground at opposite directions. He was right and they both knew it too. Chloe picked up her drink and took a sip before placing it back on the floor and lying back down, in utter silence.

Lila didn't want to say anything, but this couldn't go on. Adrien and Marinette were getting VERY close. She'd have to try and put a stop to this... Somehow.

When Mari and Adrien had gotten closer to the apartment the feeling of being watched had slowly faded to the usual enjoyment and pleasure. Adrien moved his hand from Marinette's lower back and scratched the back of his head with it awkwardly. "uh, sorry Mari, I should have asked for permission to do that-"

"Oh n-no don't worry about it, A-Adrien! You were just protecting me." Marinette smiled whilst blushing timidly.

'Why is she always blushing?' Adrien wondered...

He unlocked the door for their apartment and opened it, awaiting for Marinette to go through. "oh, thank you Adrien!" She quickly said before rushing inside, where he quickly followed.
Adrien went into the bedroom and searched through his suitcase for something to wear and Marinette did the same.

Marinette searched through her suitcase for something worthy of a dinner date, which is what this practically was. She found a pink and black dress and smiled fondly. She'd packed some heels especially for this dress and her little pink and black bag matched perfectly with it. It was the perfect outfit.

She pulled the dress out of her suitcase along with the heels and just as she did so, Adrien walked out of the room and headed to the bathroom to change.

(A/N: Hey guys! Did you enjoy this chapter? If so give it a rate and leave a comment down below. Also I noticed I changed my writing style as I was updating recently so I've changed it back xD Thanks for reading and stay tuned for more updates, bye guys! X)

Word count: 633