Chapter 22- Secret Silence.

Marinette and Alya had resolved to silence at this point. The boys had been gone for 10 minutes now. Alya was content updating her ladyblog whereas Marinette was growing concerned. 

"Hey!" Nino called out and passed Alya her towel before sitting beside her. At the same time as Nino sat, Marinette stood. "I'm just gonna go check on Adrien, I'm getting a little worried- uh" she blushed slightly "I'll be right back!" she exclaimed as she rushed off towards their apartment. 

Adrien was still sat there, staring at this box... How could he have been so blind? How could he have never noticed that Marinette, his close and amazingly great friend, was the love of his life- how could he not know that she was Ladybug? 'stupid move, A-' 

"Adrien?" Marinette called out through the front door to the apartment. "Is everything okay?" 

Adrien, panicking, threw the miraculous box back into the secret compartment it had fallen out of and grabbed Marinette's towel and his own. "Uh- yes! Everything's fine! I'm coming now, I was just changing my swimming trunks-" he said as he rushed into the livingroom and saw Marinette staring at him with a look of confusion staining her face. He was wearing the exact same swimming trunks... 

"Uh, but I decided against it last minute and put the other ones back on..." 

Marinette looked at him for a minute befors shrugging "okay Adrien" she stated as she smiled sweetly. "I just wanted to make sure you were okay, you were gone for quite a while. Alya and Nino are waiting for us." 

"R-right. Sorry Mla-Mari..." he widened his eyes as he blushed and stuttered slightly and passed over her towel. Marinette let of a slightly giggle as she took it. "Right, thank you" she blushed timidly and they looked at each other for a moment. 

"Uh- anyway. Let's head back to the others... we've kept them waiting long enough, I think." Adrien finally stated and offered his arm to Marinette with a charming smile on his face. She blushed slightly, smiled and linked arms with him before beginning their stroll towards the pool. 

"Finally! Happy new year guys, now let's go go go!!" Alya bounced up to her feet, grabbed Nino's arm and dragged him up and towards the exit of the resort. Marinette and Adrien giggled before smiling at one another and following after the couple. 

Lila tilted up her hat and lowered her sunglasses as she smirked. "Guess we're going to the beach." 

"What?" Chloe enquired, her mouth full of ice cream. 

Nethaniel face-palmed. "Y'know what, I'd love to go to the beach, explore the island a bit. Let's go enjoy ourselves, okay ladies? No revenge schemes, just good vibes!" 

Lila and Chloe smiled innocently at Nethaniel "Okay Nath~" 

"Let's go!" He smiled and they got up and prepared to set of to the beach.

(A/N- hey guys! I hope you enjoyed this chapter, if you did please be sure to comment down below which was your favourite part, rate the chapter and share it with your friends! The more people reading this story, the more I want to update it. Thank you so much for reading and keep an eye out for more updates, until next time- peace!)

Word count: 480