Chapter 32- Words Fail

"uuh... Surprise?" Adrien exclaimed questioningly, he hoped that she wouldn't be mad at him for revealing his identity to her. She had, afterall, made a very big deal about keeping them secret. 

Amidst Adrien's inner turmoil over what chaos he may have just unleashed, Marinette sat as still as Venus de Milo, stunned from the news that she had recieved.

Adrien is Chat Noir... 

Marinette is Ladybug... 

But now that she knew, it all seemed so obvious. She should be jumping for joy, she should be bouncing off the walls with excitement- Adrien, her ultimate long-term crush, classmate and best friend just so happened to also be her hero, friend and most trusted crime-fighting partner who was known to be deeply in love with Ladybug- 

And yet the two parisian heroes sat on the couch in deafening silence. 

"I.." Adrien began, and the sudden noise startled Marinette causing her to jump slightly and turn her attention to him, only causing him to grow silent once more before then continuing what he was going to say. "I understand it... could be a lot of information to take in all at once... And that you'll need some time to take it all in-" he paused himself as he looked to the ground and nervously scratched the back of his neck "I... Just hope you aren't disappointed" 

Marinette was unable to form words, which made her feel sick to her stomach. She wasn't disappointed, she was far from it- she was just very stunned.

But she couldn't let Adrien sit there and think that he wasn't enough for her. 

She hesitantly lifted his chin so that their eyes were level and looked deeply into his eyes, and although she hadn't exactly figured out the words she wanted to say, she opened her mouth and-

"Adrien. I am not disappointed, I'm shocked, amazed even. You were always so busy, I'd never have guessed you, a full time model and student, was also Chat Noir" 

Adrien smiled softly at Marinette's words and turned his body towards hers, comfortably looking at her. "Guess I'm full of surprises, huh?" he paused for a moment, looking deeply into her eyes and brushing loose strands of raven blue hair behind her ear. There was a moment of silence before Adrien spoke once more. "Marinette... I have a confession to-" 

There was a sudden knock at the door bringing Marinette back to reality. She let go of Adrien and stood up. "...Sorry Adrien, I-" she looked to the door and then sighed "I can't." she turned and started walking to the bedroom as Adrien stood and called after her. 

"What did she say to you?" 

Marinette stopped for a moment and sighed before walking into the bedroom and closing the door behind her.