Part 27- Beach Ball

Adrien and Marinette had finally finished their icy treats as Nino came rushing back with Alya on his shoulders, holding a beach ball proudly above her head. "We got one!" she exclaimed excitedly before climbing down from Nino's shoulders onto the sand. "Hey, it's not actually that bad- I thought it'd be sharp as broken glass!" she walked around a little "it's more like eggshells"

Marinette still didn't like the sound of it and neither did Adrien. "I'll still carry you if you'd like, Marinette?"

"Me too" Nino agreed.

Alya and Mari smirked at one another, clearly pleased with the gentlemen by their side. "Okay, but if you feel less shells put me down immediately!" Alya demanded and Mari nodded in agreement. "I agree with that."

The boys nodded and let the girls climb back up onto their shoulders before nodding at each other and making their way towards the sea. Once they started to feel it being more sand than shells they let the girls walk on their own. They giggled, slipped off their sandals and ran towards the water. Once there they slipped off their dresses that were covering their swimsuits and ran into the water, their clothes and shoes lying on the sand.

Adrien, noticing the water edging closer to the items, rushed over and picked them up before stuffing them into Nino's backpack and placing it on a sun lounger closer to the sandy parts of the beach. Then he and Nino took off their shirts and sandals leaving only swimming trunks and ran after the girls.

As the boys ran into the waves towards the girls who were happily throwing the ball between them both, Lila, Chloe and Nethaniel walked down the steps to the beach.

The two girls scanned the beach before Lila held her hand out in front of Chloé, stopping her dead in her tracks and nodded towards the water to where the 4 friends were playing with the beach ball happily.

"They're here-" Chloe began to exclaim before Lila hushed her and interrupted.

"Keep Nate distracted. I'll deal with the girls..."

Chloe nodded and walked over to Nathaniel and held his arm. "Oh Nate- want an ice cream? I'll pay, since you've been so nice to us!" she fluttered her eyes and pouted her lips at him and he looked at her, stunned.

"uh- wow Chloe, that's... Actually- really nice. I don't know what to say-" he blushed slightly.

"You say what ice cream you want, duh" she rolled her eyes as she pulled out her purse.

Meanwhile, Lila had made her way off the pathway through the rough shells and sand towards the quadruple of friends.

Alya threw the ball to Marinette and as she jumped up to catch it, it slipped through her fingers and bounced off over the sand. "Oh, I'll get it!" she called out.

"You sure Mari?" Adrien enquired and Mari nodded sweetly at him before answering. "I'm sure. I'll be right back!"

Lila, noticing the ball and Marinette coming after it, walked towards the ball herself and picked it up. Marinette sighed harshly and continued her way up to Lila. "Hey Lila, can we have our ball back?"

"... After we make a little deal." Lila smirked and held the ball close and Marinette sighed and shook her head before snatching the ball back and turning to walk back to the sea.

"I know who you are" Lila exclaimed and became smug when she saw Marinette freeze. She slowly turned back to Lila in shock. "W-what did you just say?"

"I wonder how Paris is getting along without it's beloved ladybug-"

"... How did you find-"

"I went through your suitcase whilst stashing my necklace in there, but of course, ladybug would outsmart me-" Lila held her arms out, looking defeated.

Mari speed walked towards her "Who else knows?!"

"... Just me. It'll stay that way, don't worry!... On one itsy bitsy condition..." she smiled sweetly, which was enough to knock Marinette sick.

"... What do you want?"