Chapter 25- The beach

Marinette sat there, perfect posture as always, and Adrien stared in awe. With the sun shining down on her and the wind ever so slightly slipping through her hair moving short loose strands from their original places, anyone could instantly fall in love with her. She looked stunning and her outfit complimented her features so well. 

"Ahem" Nino cleared his throat and elbowed Adrien, making him shake his head and bring him back to reality "Huh?" 

Marinette and Alya giggled. "We're done Adrien, come on! Let's go to the beach!" Alya exclaimed whilst Marinette smiled sweetly at him. 

"O-oh... Right!" he bounced up out of his seat and grabbed his towel. "Your braid is really pretty Marinette..." Adrien stated, clearly still in awe of his classmate. Marinette blushed timidly and smiled. 

"Thank you, Adrien..." 

The two shared a moment before looking away and heading down the road aside one another. 

"uh" Alya stared on in awe and shock before continuing on. "Did you see that too?" She enquired. Nino silently nodded, as shocked as Alya. Who'd have known how much of a connection they would have found within a meer few hours out of Paris? 

The couple quickly caught up with Marinette and Adrien and crossed the road down towards the beach.

"...Now, come on let's go!" Lila slipped from around the corner with Chloe. "why are you two sneaking around?" Nethaniel asked, slipping a spoonful of ice cream into his mouth as he did so. 

"We aren't being sneaky!... Right Chloe?" Lila grit her teeth as she faked a smile to Chloe. Chloe stared at Lila for a moment before hesitantly nodding. "We just don't want to be seen by other classmates. We don't get on with them very well..." Chloe shrugged and flipped her hair as she looked away, avoiding eye contact with the red-haired boy. 

Nethaniel stayed quiet for a moment before nodding. "Okay. I understand. Well if it makes you feel any better, I don't mind either of you. I just think I'd like you more" he pointed at Lila "if you stopped telling lies" he stopped pointed and looked to Chloe "if you stopped being so snobby and rude to people" he suddenly changed his focus to the two of them "and if you both left Marinette and Adrien alone, just let them enjoy their holiday like they're letting you do." 

The two stood there in utter silence.  "Now... Shall we go to the beach?" 

The two nodded and they all walked towards the beach. 

"NO. NO NO NO!" Alya wailed dramatically as she fell to her knees on the wooden path, inviting strangers to watch her performance.

"Alya it's not a big deal... not all beaches are sandy..." 

Marinette looked down at the rocky beach, there were broken shells and pebbles everywhere, it looked painful. 

"Hop on." Adrien stated to Marinette. She widened her eyes and looked up at Adrien in shock. "W-what?" 

"W-well... the shells look sharp, I don't want you to hurt yourself... so if you want to you can hop onto my back and I'll carry you to a sun lounger...?" He rubbed the nape of his neck anxiously as he smiled at Mari. "Uh... I mean- it's not necessary-" she began 

"Please let me, I really don't want you to get hurt. I won't drop you, I promise m'la- Mari..." He smiled and turned his back to her, leaning forward so she could climb on. She looked down shyly for a moment before smiling, walking towards him and climbing up onto his back. There was no one in this world she would trust more. 

Well, apart from Chat Noir and Tikki. 

"...I trust you." 

(A/N- Hey everyone! Thank you for reading this chapter, if you enjoyed please leave a rate, comment what your favourite part was and be sure to share it with your fellow miraculer fans. Keep an eye out for more updates as I've finished college now for the summer so I'll try to update more frequently. Until next time, au reviour! <3) 

Word count: 612