A Day out with Peter

"Come on." Peter said pulling Dawn to her feet.

"What." She asked groaning as Peter continued holding her hands and pulling her towards the door.

"We're going out. Out to see the world." He exclaimed throwing his hands up.

"But its so early in the morning." Dawn pointed out rubbing her eyes.

Peter looked at his watch and back at Dawn. "It's nearly noon."

"Oh" she replied.

"I'll show you around Queens." Peter said as they began walking through town.

"That'll be great." She said slipping her hand into his.

Peter turned such a deep shade of red that it would have put a tomato to shame.

"Are you hungry?" He asked her.

"Mmm. My stomach has  been talking to me for so long." She replies as she began imagining the foods.

"I know a place that has the best sandwiches in Queens." Peter said as he led her down a street.

"I love the sand that is a witch." She said smiling.

Peter laughed as he led her to a shop on the corner.

The two were sitting underneath a tree at the park as they at their lunch.

"You were right Pete, these are the best sandwiches."

"Yes they are." Peter said as continued to stare at Dawn.

She was just amazing. He couldn't help it. Dawn was just amazing.

He knew what he had to do. What to ask. Ned had threatened to build the new LEGO set without him if he didn't ask what he really wanted to.

"D-D Dawn" he said stuttering.

"Yeah." She said turning to him with her mouth full.

"I-I- I was just wondering if there was a small chance or possibility that you would like to go out with me?" He softly stuttered as he fiddled with his hand.

Dawn looked at Peter. "Id like that, Pete. Sounds good." She replied calmly. But inside she was screaming.

It does sound good.

What do you want now? She asked the voice.

The voice laughed.

You'll see soon enough.

Dawn tried to ignore it as she focused on Peter.

Oh Peter, he was so cute and sweet. And just amazing and-

"Are- are you ready to go now?" Peter asked.

Dawn smiled at him. "Yeah." She said as she jumped up and slipped her hand in his.