Sharing a Past

Peter led Alice back to his apartment with his Aunt May.

"Hey Aunt May." Peter said as he walked through the door.

"Hey, Peter. How was your day?"

"It was, good. Thanks."

"Who's this?" Aunt May asked as she stepped forward, during her hands with a tea towel.

"Hi." Alice said holding her hand out. "My names, Alice."

"Why hello Alice. Pleasure to meet you." May said shaking her hand, raising an eyebrow at Peter.

"Yeah, well, we're going to go now. Be back soon Aunt May." Peter said leading Alice towards his room.

"Be safe and have fun!" She yelled as they disappeared into Peters room.

"May!" Peter yelled.

She only waved the tea towel and laughed in response.
*********************************

"Here." Peter said rinsing a cloth and dabbing it against Alice's swollen eye.

Alice sat there, with a faraway look in her eyes. "Thanks."

"You need to tell me what happened?" Peter said looking her dead in the eyes.

"What?"

"You heard me."

"Why?"

"You can't just sit there taking the blows. I know that you wouldn't do that without reason."

Alice took a shaky breath. "My parents don't live somewhere else. I mean they do, but they're dead now." She said as tears formed. "I didn't always live in America. I lived overseas. In a small town."

"One day, a group of horrible people came and.. And they killed towns people right in front of me and my family. One by one. They did unspeakable things to some others there. But what hurt the most was when they killed my family."

"Red was first, my dog. Then, then it was my twin sister, Alison." Peter looked at her astonished as he felt sadness welling inside him for this girl.

"Then it was Mum. She whispered she loved me. And just like that she was gone. Then dad. I won't ever forget the look in his eyes. Telling me to stay quite and not be found." She said whispering as sobs wracked her body.

Peter put on arm around her as she cried into her chest.

"How'd you survive?" He asked.

"I kept quite. They never found me then." She said with a sad smile.

Peter pulled her in to comfort her.

********************************

"We've got everyone right where you want them, sir." Came an agents voice.

"Good." He said as he turned back to the screen of Dawn. She was having battles in her head.

"You'll do what we want now." He whispered to her on the screen as Dawn clutched her head in her hands, begging for the pain to stop.