miraxus; jacket

I let out a groan of frustration as I attempt to pull the ends of my dress downwards, more like forcing it to go down. It looks way smaller than it should be, it must've shrunk when I washed it a little while ago.

"Looks like I have to deal with it then," I mutter to no one in particular, feeling defeated. I mentally curse to myself for my mistake, being sure to let Lisanna teach me how to do the laundry later on.

With a nod of determination, I grab everything that I need before leaving my dorm, heading towards the Fairytail Guild.

◦◦❀◦◦

"Wohoh, Mira! You look fantastic today!" Nab snorts from across the counter, probably noticing how my dress looks like it belongs to a child.

"Well someone got into a wardrobe malfunction." Warren snickers beside him, laughing at my pitiful state.

I fake a smile before I aggressively set out the drinks they ordered in front of them. "I suggest you keep your mouth shut if you don't want your head to be separated from your body." I say in the deadliest tone that I could ever muster. If looks could kill, they'd be dead by now.

Their laughter begins to falter, both of them taking a nervous gulp. "W-We'll never do it again!" The two of them scamper out like wild chickens, I let myself smirk in satisfaction. They'd probably leave me alone for the next few hours or so.

Due to my ever so short dress that makes me look like I came out of a stripper club, I could pretty much tell that my mood will be ruined for the rest of the day.

I shake my head and focus on the task at hand. I start getting the washed cups near the dishwasher and wipe it clean with a cloth I grabbed earlier.

Just then, I hear the slightest creak of a chair being pulled from behind. I gently put down the cup and towel, clasping my hands together, I turn around.

"What can I get for y—" My mouth goes dry before it had the chance to finish the sentence. My eyes widen in shock as I let my arms fall beside me. "Laxus?" I say in disbelief.

He rarely comes to grab a drink at the bar since he always hangs out with the Thunder Legion. So seeing him in front of me right now surprises me.

He raises an eyebrow, crossing his arms over his chest. "Why are you acting so surprise?" He says, voice raspy. I'm still lost in my own thoughts until I finally manage to process what he said. I immediately shake my head and laugh it out. "It's nothing!"

My eyes fix on him. "So, what can I get for you today?" I question, subconsciously pulling the ends of my dress downwards.

He notices my actions and he furrows his eyebrows. His eyes trail down as it starts to widen upon seeing my exposed legs.

A tinge of pink makes its way on his face. "God Woman! That's too exposed for someone like you to wear!" He exclaims, immediately looking the other way around with his hand covering a portion of his face. I blush in embarrassment.

"I-It shrank okay! I had no other clothes to wear except for this!" I reason out, covering my face in embarrassment. I wanted the ground to swallow me in an instant, internally hoping to have the opportunity to escape from this situation.

"You idiot," I hear him say, causing me to knit my eyebrows in confusion. I move my hands away from covering my face and the next thing I knew, I witness Laxus draping his jacket around me.

He immediately sits back down and crosses his arms over his chest, pretending like nothing happened. My face heats up, not really knowing what to do with the situation right now.