jerza; cake

I open the doors to the Fairytail guild and manage to dodge a flying chair thrown my way. Everything is in a ruckus: My guildmates arguing with each other and some already using their fists to fight, tables and chairs distorted and out of place, and Master just sitting on a counter top with a calm expression on his face.

With a sigh, I walk through the noisy crowd, not even having a change in expression as this situation happens almost everyday. I spot Natsu and Gray wanting to slit each other's throats off from a distance. The sudden urge to stop them suddenly comes to mind, making my feet go towards their direction.

Once I'm near them, I grab them by their shirt and lift them both up at the same time.

"Are you both done?" I question and give them a glare. A glare that can make any human question their existence in this world.

They yelp.

"Y-Yes!" They say in unison, shrinking in my gaze. I smirk in satisfaction and set them both down. Both of them give each other nasty looks until they part ways and continue their business.

The guild started to settle down after the scene with Natsu and Gray.

"Hey Erza," A familiar voice says from behind me. I turn myself around and come face to face with a blonde headed celestial mage named Lucy.

"Yes?" I cross my arms over my chest and wait for her to continue.

A smile makes its way on her face. "Jellal is outside and he wants too see you." She says.

My eyes widen and my gaze trails off towards the direction of the guild's doors.  He's here?  It's a rare occurrence of him to visit me, especially here.

"You should go, you don't want to keep him waiting." Lucy winks at me and walks off another direction. My cheeks go ablaze and I face the ground, not wanting people to see my expression. It takes me a few seconds to compose myself and finally being able to drag myself towards the exit.

I don't know why but I feel nervous. Not because I don't feel well or anything but the thought of seeing him and being able to talk to him again makes me feel nervous. No words can explain how confused I am towards this unusual feeling.

I open the doors of the guild and step outside, the wind runs through my scarlet hair making it flow smoothly behind my back. Scarlet. The memory of the time when he decided to give me my last name suddenly comes to mind, making me feel a warmth of nostalgia. It's one of the memories I treasure with him the most.

"Erza."

My head turns to my right and my eyes meet with a pair of dark ones.

A smile subconsciously makes its way on my face. "Jellal." He looks the same like always, aside from the fact that his hair has gotten a tad bit longer. Relief splashes all over me upon knowing that he's doing alright and that he's in good condition.

"Long time no see," He says.

I chuckle at his choice of words, "Same to you."

Millions of thoughts cloud my mind, specifically some questions that want to be answered. I have multiple questions to ask him but upon further inspection, one question stands out the most.

"What brings you here?" I ask curiously, wanting to hear his reply. The sudden feeling of impatience makes me bite my bottom lip unexpectedly, as if the next few words that'll come out of his mouth is the most important thing.

He lets out a nervous laugh and his whole expression changes. "Well you see," Jellal scratches the back of his head and a slight blush makes its way on his face. I then notice how his other arm is hiding behind his back, leaving me confused.

"Since your birthday is coming up, I brought you something.." He reveals a box that he's been hiding from behind. "Happy Birthday, Erza." He puts on a sincere smile as he hands the box to me. I carefully take the box, thinking it's the most fragile thing in the world.

A logo printed on top of it pretty much gave away its content and I can't help but let out a small chuckle.

Magnolia Bakery

I let my finger open the box and I am greeted with a sight that I'll never get tired of. A cake decorated with a ton of fresh strawberries on top makes my eyes sparkle. I can't wait to eat it now.

"Thank you, Jellal." My voice resonates in the air, followed by a chuckle.

He suddenly raises his hand and gently pats my head, another one of his sincere smile visible.

"Not a problem." He says. My cheeks burn like Natsu's flames and I feel like my heart is about to rip out of my ribcage. I look up at him and his gaze is already directed at me.

I'm the first one to break eye contact, "W-Want to eat the cake with me?" I suggest and point my fingers towards the entrance of my guild.

Suddenly, he grabs my hand and leads us both to the guild. My eyes widen at his sudden action.

He looks back at me.

"Sure, why not."

◦◦❀◦◦

oof, hello.

woah i updated! isn't that so rare? lmao. how have you guys been doing? you good? cause im good! im currently listening to anime openings and thank the anime gods for creating them.

thank you so much for 1000 reads, im so grateful. it means a lot.

what ships would you guys to read more about? please leave some suggestions if you have any requests for future chapter!

thanks for reading this chapter, don't forget to vote! (。・・。)ノ

-naeyiin