nalu; sleep

I cringe as I hear the sound of Natsu puking outside the train window, interrupting me from reading the novel I brought with me. This is the 5th time today  and I can tell how much he's had enough of it from the pale expression plastered on his face.

"He's dying." Happy jokingly remarks, trying his hardest to hold a giggle. I roll my eyes and close my book, already concluding that I won't be able to finish reading it by today.

Once Natsu was done with his puking business, he sits back on his seat with a loud thud. I'd be lying if I said I didn't feel bad for him. To think that someone as strong as him had a weakness such as motion sickness.

"Ah, I give up." He complains. "How much longer?" He looks at me with pleading eyes.

"47 minutes till we get back to Magnolia," I say, already anticipating his groan and complaints, but this time there wasn't any. I look at him in surprise when I notice that he's staring right at me.

My cheeks burn red. "Is there something on my face...?" I ask sheepishly and touch my face in case there really is something on it.

"Can I put my head on your lap?" He asks. My breath hitches and my movement comes to a stop. I turn to look at him right away.

His face holds a serious expression so I doubt he's joking with me. My cheeks burn for the 2nd time today and it genuinely concerned me, something like this has never happened before.

"Luce?" His voice stops me from my train of thoughts and I clear my throat. "Yeh, sure." I move to the side to make space for him. Happy already switched to sitting on the other side and I almost missed the mischievous smile he held.

Natsu takes a seat and carefully puts his head on my lap. His gentle gesture surprised me since I'm so used to his chaotic tactics. "Night, Luce." He mutters as his eyes close.

My hand hesitatingly makes its way to his hair. Another thing that surprises me is how soft his hair is, even though it looked very spiky. I gently stroke his hair as a way to make him feel better.

"Goodnight, Natsu."