gruvia; why

Regret.

A word that perfectly describes the way I'm feeling.

Seeing her happy with someone does bring me joy, but weirdly, knowing that I'm not that 'someone' is the thing that makes my heart clench. The thought of not being her source of happiness seems to gloom my mood.

It was because of him...

Lyon.

Someone I'd call a friend since childhood.

I knew about his feelings for Juvia which gave me the urge to push him into confessing his feelings, especially after I...

I told her that I harbor no feelings for her and that we're better off as friends.

And that's what I regret the most.

Telling her that she'll only be a friend and lying about what I truly feel...

Someone like a ball of sunshine as her does not deserve a gloomy, stoic, and boring guy like me. I want her to be with someone better, so I pushed her away.

I thought I would be happy but why do I feel this way?

"Juvia loves you, Lyon-Sama!" I watch her say with a smile that can brighten up the whole planet.

Why does my heart hurt whenever I see her being happy with him?

"I love you too, Juvia!" Lyon replies back, wrapping his hands around her pale one.

Why?

◦◦❀◦◦

Ah yes, a painful one-shot to read, aye? I wanted to change some things up a bit and make you guys feel sad, oh how evil I have become. *evil laugh*

thanks for reading this chapter, don't forget to vote! (。・・。)

-naeyiin