rowen; weird

"You're weird." My classmate tells me, sending me a look of displeasure.

My heart skips a beat at her statement and I proceed to blame myself once she left me to go play with the others.

I look down on the ground and a single tear seems to escape from my eye, rolling down my cheek and dampening a small spot on my red shirt. I angrily wipe my eyes, I didn't want to look weak.

Every kid has told me how I seemed weird and different, my likes don't match theirs and it's difficult for me to blend in with them. Almost as if I'm the ugly duckling, and I didn't like the feeling a single bit.

Every day seems harder for me to go to school. I'm starting to lose motivation, I don't see the meaning of going to that place if no one likes me. I have no friends. No one to talk with. No one to play with. Just no one.

Until...

"Hello," My eyes perk up from a book I'm currently reading, and I see a dark purple haired boy looking at me. "I'm Romeo, nice to meet you!" He smiles and extends his arm.

I stare at it dumbfounded, this situation has never happened before. It takes me a few seconds to process my thoughts and I slowly extend my own arm and shake hands with him.

"I'm Wendy. It's nice to meet you too, Romeo." And for the first time in a while, I put on a sincere smile. I notice his eyes widen for a little bit and a small tinge of pink make its to his cheeks, he quickly clears his throat and brushes his expression off.

"Mind if I join you with reading that book? It's my favorite." He offers, his expression a little flustered from what happened a few seconds ago.

I chuckle.

"No, not at all."

◦◦❀◦◦

i am sO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING FOR ALMOST 5 MONTHS? school really took a toll on me, i guess.

expect slow updates in the future.

anyways, how have you guys been? i hope you've been doing good. and merry christmas!! or happy holidays!

thanks for reading this chapter, don't forget to vote! (。・・。)ノ

-naeyiin