zervis; cheerios

note: this is a modern au, enjoy!

◦◦❀◦◦

"I'll go look for the cereal in the other aisle!" I announce and immediately exit his line of sight, making my way to the opposite aisle.

My eyes spark in excitement when the cereals come to view, everything ranging from my favorites to least favorites.

As I continue scanning the heavenly aisle, my eyebrows furrow once I don't see the cereal that I've been looking for.

Did they run out of stock?

Debating whether I should inform an employee about it or not, my eyes land on a specific box of cereal—the one I've been searching for—set on a place that I dread the most.

The top-shelf.

Of all the places that they could've placed it, it had to be a place where someone my height couldn't reach.

I heave out a sigh and waste no time, I don't like to keep him waiting.

My hands grasp tightly around certain parts of the shelf and I carefully lift myself off the ground, setting my left leg on the bottom shelf as support. With no use and the cereal box still inches away, I climb up one more time, my hands stretching desperately to get my hands on my favorite cereal.

"Mavis?"

I flinch and eventually lose my grip. The next thing I knew, I was falling and waiting for the painful impact, but it never came.

A strong pair of arms had wrapped around my petite build and he safely places me back on the ground.

"You should be more careful next time." He sighs and grabs the box of cereal from the top shelf with ease, putting it in our cart.

I pout. "I was close to getting it." I mumble to myself, crossing my arms over my chest.

He chuckles and intertwines his hand with mine, leading us toward the counter.

"Anything for cheerios."

◦◦❀◦◦

I wrote this chapter at 4 in the morning, should I be concerned? *nervous laugh*

thanks for reading this chapter, don't forget to vote! (。・・。)ノ

-naeyiin