nalu; lashes

Where could she be? Thoughts of the different possibilities of Lucy's whereabouts start to cloud my mind.

I want to have the chance to talk to her about a new quest I've been wanting to take. Since we haven't worked together lately, why not take this opportunity to go and do this quest with her?

The problem is, I have no idea where she is. I already checked the most obvious spots like her house and the guild, but she is still nowhere in sight.

I heave out a sigh and contemplate about using my brain for once. With that, I clear all the unnecessary thoughts and focus on a single thing.

If I were Lucy, where could I be?

Like lightning, an idea strikes my mind leaving me in disbelief at my own capability.

The library.

It's a promising choice since Lucy loves reading books and she's always up for acquiring new information.

I nod my head in determination and head towards the library that's near the Fairytail guild.

◦◦❀◦◦

I start roaming the place and perk my eyes open, hoping to not miss the figure of a blonde that goes by the name of Lucy.

My lips tug up in a smile of satisfaction as I spot her seated on a far secluded corner, away from the faint bickering of a group of people. I mentally give myself a high five for actually fulfilling something that requires thinking. I can't wait to tell Lucy about it.

I take long strides towards her direction and it takes me a few seconds to notice her slump figure, her face is buried in the cushion of both her arms. She's sleeping.

My pace slows down and it takes me a little later to be near her. I debate with whether I should wake her up or not.

Suddenly, she tilts her head towards my direction, eyes still closed. This causes me to have a better view of her face.

She looks peaceful. And there's no doubt about that. Seeing her sleeping makes me calm, which confuses me.

I take a seat next to her and rest my head on my propped elbow. And that's the time where I study her features, as if they are the most interesting thing in this world.

Her lashes are long. It's a feature that I really like among girls, although it doesn't really matter to me now.

My eyes widen at my recent thought, making my cheeks turn into a red fury. Did I just say I liked how Lucy's lashes are long?

"Natsu?" A faint voice reaches my ears making me break away from my train of thoughts. Once realizing that she's starting to stir up from her sleep, I immediately stand up from the chair I was sitting on and back away from her.

What did she do to me?

She squints her eyes at me, still blinded from the sudden brightness of her surroundings. "Why are you here?" She stretches her arms and lets out a yawn.

"N-Nothing!" I stammer. I let my hand cover half of my face out of embarrassment, my cheeks feel hot too.

And before I know it, I run towards the exit of the library like my life depended on it. I hear her call my name from behind but I ignore it.

Why is my heart beating fast?

◦◦❀◦◦

okay. so. i need to explain something to you guys.

i deleted the first few chapters of this book since it really cringed the hell out of me. i was not really satisfied with those chapters and i finally decided to delete those.

which is why for the next few chapters, i'll be focusing on writing more about the main ships since those are also some parts of the deleted chapters.

and after that, i'll start taking your guys' requests! don't worry, i will fulfill your suggested ships.

sorry for not updating for..*number of months* , im such a fail oof. school's been quite hectic.

thanks for reading this chapter, don't forget to vote! (。・・。)

-naeyiin