jerza; blazing red

note: this is a highschool au

◦◦❀◦◦

I slide the door to the gym open and immediately catch sight of a certain scarlet-haired girl, who happens to be my girlfriend, peacefully snoozing with her back against the wall near a volleyball cart.

A small smile automatically fills my face because of the cute sight, and I slowly make my way towards her. She must've been tired from the volleyball practice she had today, seeing as to how drenched she looks in her volleyball clothes.

The insides of me begin to feel guilty since I was the one who asked her to wait for me and that I wanted to go home with her.

Once I'm near her enough, I gently set down my bag, being careful not to wake her up.

"Ugh,"

Which turns out to be a complete fail.

"Jellal?" She groggily says as she rubs her eyes, squinting in the process because of how bright the lights in the gym are.

"Since when were you here?" Her eyes are fully opened and she gets up to dust away the dirt that got on her clothes.

I begin taking off my jacket once I saw how cold she must felt because of the exposure her clothes made. "About a minute ago," I mention and walk over to her.

"I thou—" Her words have been put to a stop as I drape the jacket around her. I let out a satisfying smirk in the process when I noticed how well it suited her.

"You really didn't need to..." Her cheeks are  blazing red and I can't help but chuckle. One of the things I liked about her is how cute she looks when she gets all flustered.

"It's alright, hold on to it till you get changed. It's freezing cold." I simply say.

She only nods in reply and grabs her bag beside her before she proceeds to the girls' locker room.

◦◦❀◦◦

I tap my foot in boredom and stare at the empty hallway, it already had been an hour since school ended. Most students would head home but others would stay for their clubs.

It really bums me out that I didn't get to see Erza practice today. My homeroom teacher made me redo the class list which resulted to me missing her volleyball practice entirely.

"Why the pouty face?"

My train of thoughts disappear and I look up at her. She's now changed out of her volleyball clothes and into a pair of shorts and a plain white t-shirt, with her bag slinging over her shoulder and her hand holding my jacket.

I'd be lying if I say I didn't want her to continue wearing my jacket though.

"Ah, it's nothing." I stand up from my seat and we begin walking to the school's exit. We start chatting about how today was for the both of us and how we disliked the menu they had for the cafeteria today.

It's always the time I spend with her where I can let go of the steam of stress that has accumulated throughout the day.

"Sorry for making you wait for me," I rub the back of my head, finally confessing to the thing I've been feeling guilty about. "I just really wanted to go home with you." I add.

I hear her softly laugh which makes me turn to look at her.

"It's alright."

She walks near me and gives me a quick peck on the lips. "I wanted to go home with you too." She backs off and proceeds to walk straight ahead, leaving me dumbfounded with her sudden action.

It's unlike her to give me affection like that since, between the two of us, I would always make the first move to show off my emotions.

"I'm keeping this jacket, by the way!" I hear her yell over the distance.

I chuckle.

"Fine with me," I mutter to myself and begin walking so I can catch up to her.

Little did he know that the reason why Erza went up ahead was because her cheeks were blazing red again and she was too embarassed for him to see.

◦◦❀◦◦

i. finally. published. a. chapter. after. not. updating. for. over. a. month. (。•́︿•̀。)

sorry for the delay, guys! i don't really have an excuse since school's suspended. i've just been really lazy, to say the least.

anyway, thank you to the people who've requested some ships they want to see more for future chapters! i'll definitely start working on that very soon.

i'll try my best and update as much as i can.

thanks so much for reading this chapter, don't forget to click that star! (。・・。)

-naeyiin