jerza; jelly

note: this is a high school au, enjoy!

◦◦❀◦◦

"Hey Erza, your boyfriend is so cute! It's actually making me kind of jealous." A classmate of mine whispers into my ear, followed by a soft giggle.

My eye twitches from her statement and I automatically glare daggers. Her eyes widen in surprise and she soon retreats back to her usual seat.

These comments about him have been circling everywhere and it makes me more irritated with each passing day that comes.

I put all my belongings inside my backpack and leave the classroom after I hear the bell ring, indicating that it's lunch break.

Excitement fills me at the thought of seeing him again, lunch breaks are the only times when we're both free to see each other. The two of us are from different classes which makes it quite difficult to hang out often.

As I was walking down the hallway, a certain blue colored hair comes to sight. A few people are blocking me from fully seeing him, so I take a step beside me to have a better view.

And my heart hurt a little.

He's walking side by side with her.

Ultear.

I feel myself clench my fist and an unknown feeling firing inside of me, why do I feel so...enraged?

In the next couple of seconds, I find myself approaching the two, grabbing ahold of Jellal's hand, swiftly leaving the hallway and heading straight to the open field, away from Ultear's sight.

"Well, it's nice to see you again." I hear him say once we stop in our tracks.

Upon remembering the scene from earlier, I pout and turn away from him. Seeing him with another girl just stirs something questionable inside of me, and I can't seem to make it out.

"Hey, don't ignore me!" He starts to exclaim and gently forces me to turn his way, but I resist. He sighs, "Did I do something wrong?"

Yes, you did.

"No." I mumble a reply, still not looking his way.

"Please tell me what I did wrong?" He persuades an explanation out of me but I try my hardest not to give in.

"Erza..." I look at him which turns out to be my biggest mistake. "Please?" How can I not give in?

"Ultear." I say under my breath, a replay of what happened earlier strikes my mind once again and I shake my head, not wanting to remember the thought.

"What?" He sounds confused.

I heave out a sigh, how can he be so dense? "Somehow, I hate it whenever you're near Ultear." The words escape my mouth before I can stop them.

His eyes widen and his mouth goes agape in a matter of second, disbelief visible in his expression.

And in the next few seconds, he starts laughing.

"Erza," He says between laughs. "Are you jelly?"

"Jelly?" I question. "I'm a human, not food, Jellal."

My words seem to make him laugh even more. This confusion of mine is making my head crazy, just why is he laughing? I didn't say anything wrong.

"I meant jealousy! Jelly as in jealous." He explains and soon halts with his laughing session. As soon as I take the information in, my cheeks turn red as my hair.

"I-Impossible!" I curse myself for stuttering. This is not how I liked the situation to turn out.

My cheeks flush red from embarrassment.

He chuckles. "You're cute when you blush." He gently places his warm hand against my cheek, making me turn his way.

"Don't worry, I only have my eyes set on you." His face comes closer. "No one else."

And with that, I feel his soft lips press against mine.

◦◦❀◦◦

fun fact, i wrote this chapter in an airplane. thank you so much for 3k reads!

thanks for reading this chapter, don't forget to vote! (。・・。)

-naeyiin