gale; accepted

note: short highschool/modern au ʕ•̫͡•ʔ

◦◦❀◦◦

"I can't do this." I whisper as self-doubt washes over my whole being. No amount of words will be able to explain how every bone of my body is currently shaking from nervousness.

"C'mon! You'll get accepted, I tell ya." His reassuring voice fills the open air. I look at him and notice his eyes focusing on the laptop displayed right in front of us. 

I bite my lip and avert my eyes away from him, and focus my gaze towards the website showed on my laptop screen.

Fiore University

The university that I've been dying to get in all these years. The memory of taking the entrance exam a few months ago is still clear in my mind and knowing that this is the time I'm finding out if I get accepted or not just scares me.

The thought of not being able to be qualified is what scares me.

All I need to do is to click the 'check results' button but my fingers can't seem to move on its own.

What if I don't get qualified?

Thousands of thoughts seem to rummage through my brain. All of them just giving me anxiety.

Just then, a warm hand encircles around mine. I lift my eyes to gaze at his.

"You can do it, I promise." He flashes me his signature smirk and that's enough for me to have the courage to click the button.

It took a couple of seconds for the page to load and...

My eyes widen and my hand unconsciously went to cover my mouth.

Applicant Number: 2019-1234
Name: Levy McGarden
Status: Qualified

Congratulations and welcome to Fiore University!

Tears seem to blur my vision. All my efforts didn't go to waste. My days of all-nighters, spending my days inside the library and just giving it my all didn't go to waste.

I'm overflowing with joy.

"Y-You did it!" Gajeel puts his fist up in the air, his expression makes me believe as if he's the one who got accepted.

Our eyes meet and he gives me a smile, a sincere one.

"You did it, shrimp."

My legs seem to move on its own and the next thing I knew, I was leaping into his arms.

His body stiffens at my sudden action but after a few seconds passed, he eventually relaxes and wraps his strong arms around my figure.

"Thanks for believing in me, Gajeel." My voice barely compares to a whisper.

"No problem, shrimp." I feel him tighten his grasp around me.

And I swear I felt my heart skip a beat.

◦◦❀◦◦

hmm, not particularly proud of this chapter if i'm speaking honestly but oh well! i hope you guys liked this chapter, it's the first one after being on hiatus for over 3 months?

anyways, just a heads up that there will be no set schedule as to when i release.

thanks for reading this chapter, don't forget to vote! (。・・。)

-naeyiin