Chapter 21 : back at work

at Mori's office...

Chuuya bowed down to the raven-haired man who is sitting in a big chair facing the left side where the blond girl named Elise was coloring some coloring books.

"welcome back Chuuya," the boss of the port mafia greeted, "I hope you're feeling well now to do some work" he added.

"I know you still don't remember things here in the port mafia because of your accident, but I will not tolerate mistakes and recklessness here inside the port mafia and during missions, do you understand? or else, I'm the one who's going to punish you, do I make myself clear, Chuuya?"

Chuuya nodded as he understands the consequences. 

Elise ran over to Chuuya and hugged him, "awee, Rintarō is so mean to Chuuya nii san"

"ehhh?!?" Mori reacted "you should be more nice to Chuuya nii, after all, he would be the next heir of the port mafia, IF If Dazai nii would not want to go back"

"shh~! Elise, it should be a secret" the raven-haired boss shushed the blond girl, and looked at Chuuya who is confused. 

Mori clears his throat and said "everything that you heard in here should be kept a secret, and, about what Elise told you, maybe we should talk about it some other time, you are dismissed" 

Chuuya nodded and turned his back "by the way," the boss speaks "there are documents in your desk, you need to finish all of them this day, understood." the boss ordered.  Chuuya faces Mori again and nodded, he bowed down again and walk out of the office then closes the door behind him. he sighed deeply to calm himself.

he walks to the halls of the headquarters thinking about what Elise has said. but he shrugged it off as Tachihara came to him and hugged him tightly followed by Gin who hugged him from behind.

"senpai, we missed you!" the two of them said in sync. The ginger-haired mafia chuckled lightly and the two pulled away from their hug.

"you know it's gloomy in here when you are not around and the boss always sends us to difficult missions," Gin said and continues to tell what happened when Chuuya is not around.

the three of them walk into Chuuya's office, the ginger-haired sighed when he saw the piled documents in his desk. "is this all the documents I have to finish this day?"

"wha! that's too piled up!" Tachihara reacted 

"maybe we could help" Gin suggested while looking at the documents.

Chuuya sat down on his chair and sighed again "I'm not even starting to work, yet I feel tired already" he leaned back to his chair and stretched his arms up.

----------

the three of them worked so hard on the documents and finish it on time. 

"sighs~ if I became an executive and this is going to be my work, I would prefer to be just a member of a black lizard instead of doing this piled paperwork" Tachihara complained leaning down his head over the desk.

Gin laughed and stopped when he saw Chuuya looking at his phone smiling. 

"ah! Chuuya san, are you online on our group chat?" Tachihara asked while standing up from his seat and stretching his arms.

Chuuya shook his head "nah, I was re-reading Mackerel's messages" 

Gin and Tachihara looked at each other, it was rare for Chuuya to smile, especially when it concerns to Dazai. 

suddenly, someone knocked on the door and opened it. "Chuuya? have you finished your work already?" Kouyou said as she stepped into the room.

"ah, um, yeah, Gin and Tachihara helped me finish it all" Chuuya answered as he rests his head at his table still scanning through his phone.

Kouyou Chuckled lightly and grabbed all the documents at Chuuya's table "alright, I'm going to give this to the boss" 

"let me help you carry those, Lady Kouyou" Tachihara offered help as he gets all the folders out of Kouyou's arms.

"thanks, Tachihara" Kouyou said as she smiled at Tachihara.

when the two of them left the office, Gin asked Chuuya to grab some food, since they haven't dinner yet. the ginger-haired mafia nodded and stood up from his seat, hiding his phone back to his pocket.

------

Walking at the halls of the port mafia headquarters. Chuuya and Gin saw Hirotsu and Kaiji together carrying a huge box.

"That looks heavy..." Chuuya said "let me help you" he added as he activated his ability.

The box floated in the air.
"Thank you Chuuya" Hirotsu thanked Chuuya as he hold his hurting wrists.

"Where are you taking this heavy box?" Chuuya asked

"Well, were taking this to your office" Kaiji said.

"To my office?" Chuuya confusingly asked the two. "Why?"

"No idea, the boss just asks us to bring that box to your office." Hirotsu answered.

"He said its important and fragile, so you need to becareful" Kaiji added as he pointed to the box.

Chuuya nodded and make them return to their offices.

The ginger returned to his office and put the box down carefully.

"Um, so what's inside?" Gin asked.

"I don't know, maybe weapons?" Chuuya said as he get his knife out of its holder and tear the seal to open the box.

once it is opened, Chuuya took out boxes, "what are these for?" Gin asked as she pointed her fingers to count.

"another boxes?" Chuuya said, as he open one of the four boxes. "Um, what are these for?"

"That's a lot of cellphones" Gin commented

Chuuya nodded in agreement and said "but why do the boss need these?"

"Maybe giving it away." Gin picked one of the boxes and examine it.

"Business phone?" Chuuya guesses

"Or maybe for a mission"Gin guesses as she look at Chuuya.

"We have our own cellphones to use" Chuuya said as he put back the boxes

"Yeah you're right" Gin said as she gave the last box to Chuuya.

"Maybe let these boxes be" Chuuya said as he closes the box "shall we eat now?"

Gin nodded and smiled as she followed Chuuya who is already outside the office.