Chapter 22 : back at work (2)

At the Cafeteria

"I don't think we should eat in here" Tachihara Commented

"Ugh! This is why we didn't agree to let you come with us, but you insist, you're more choosey~ than girls at picking food" Gin Commented at Tachihara.

"I'm not! It's just, Chuuya San never eaten anything in this place before, he always go to expensive restaurants" Tachihara explained and Gin just sighed.

"So what do you wanna order?" Gin asked Tachihara and they both ordered the same meal.

The two of them look at Chuuya who is busy on his phone smiling.

"Maybe buy him the same meal as ours, he seems busy"

---

The next day...
Chuuya is texting on his phone
Again...

"Why is he always on his phone these days?"

"Well I introduced him into an chat app recently and now he's addicted to it" Tachihara said as he buy a drink from the vending machine.

"Well it seems he's talking to a same person always"

"What do you mean?"

"Well, I always see him smile like that when he opens his phone while reading messages"

"Wait could it be a girl?"

"Um no no no no impossible, chuuya san can't flirt to anyone"

Chuuya heard Tachihara and walk towards them. "Who says I can't flirt?!"

"Ok gotta go" Tachihara ran away as he thought that his supervisor would scold him.

"Oi wait!"

Gin just sighed and then she received a text from Higuchi.

"Sorry senpai, Higuchi needs me at the black lizards HQ"

"Oh, ok take care Gin" with that Gin left Chuuya and went to the HQ. Chuuya continued to Chat Dazai.

---+---

Mackerel : Chuuya how are you?

Slug : I'm good, how about you?

Mackerel : I'm good when you are good ❤️

Slug : are you free today?

Mackerel : nah, Kunikida and I were on a case together we still need to investigate more.

Mackerel : why? Did you miss me?

Slug : of course no!

Slug : it's just you're too slow to chat back.

Mackerel : awee that hurts Chuuya

Mackerel : but I'm glad that you are alright.

Chuuya : thank you Osamu

---+---

Chuuya and Dazai we're having a chat conversation

Dazai was smiling while looking at their chats. Kunikida called for him as he put his phone on his pocket.

"If only I could understand myself about how I feel" the detective muttered and walk towards his blond partner.

As for the brunette he can't understand what he really feels, like something is missing, like this is all an act to ease his boredom.

"Dazai, Dazai! Oi! Dazai! Stop spacing out!" The blond called for Dazai, the brunette didn't noticed for he was lost in his thoughts.

A minute later he closed his eyes and open it again, then he got back to reality, facing his mad blond partner.

"Sorry Kunikida kun! What are you saying again?" Dazai sweat smile at Kunikida afraid that he is going to be scold again but he isn't.

Kunikida just sighed and said "you're not focusing on work Dazai, and you're pale, are you alright?"

"I'm fine, its just the heat of the sun"

"Maybe we'll have a break for a moment, then we'll continue investigating again"

The two of them took a seat for a while on the bench underneath the tree. Kunikida was looking at his documents, not noticing that Dazai already fell asleep.

---+---