Two.......Household Staff

I woke up the next morning tucked in. I looked to my side, that part of the bed was rough, meaning Ansel slept there. I stood up and went to do my business. When I was done, I opened one of the closets and saw all of my clothes, neatly folded. My office attires were ironed and were on hangers.

I ended up wearing a maroon shirt and blue boot-cut jeans. I matched it with brown boots. I tied my hair in a high ponytail. I wanted to head downstairs when my phone rang.

I went and checked the ID caller, it was May Rivers, my best friend. She had been with me since we were in elementary school. We went to the same high school and college.

She was like the sister I never had, she knew me in and out, even more than I knew myself. I answered after the second ring.

"How's the latest bride doing?", she chirped. "Did you guys go traditional and do the deed on the wedding night?", she asked.
"You know that can't happen.", I said.

She knew everything about me still being in love with Brayden, my...I couldn't even call him my ex because we never broke up, he just left.

"Now don't be negative. It could happen.", she said and I rolled my eyes, even though she couldn't see me. "You know you could fall in love with him.", she added.

She had this idea of me falling in love with Ansel since the time I told her I was marrying him and why. Since then she had been making me see the bright light of all this, though I couldn't be as enthusiastic as she was about this marriage and life after it.

"Anyways how are you.", she asked.
"I'm fine."
"And how's he treating you?", she asked.
"Fine, he's acting normal. He's the same patient him.", I said.

"And have you guys talked."
"Not really, plus what's there to talk about.", I said.

"You're a married couple there's a lot to talk about.", she said in a duh tone.
"Oh really. Do fill me up, oh wise one.", I said with a mythical tone.

"There's the fact about your accounts, joint or separate. There's the fact about your work, will you continue or will you stop since you have a frigging rich husband.", she said. She normally used the word frigging instead of the F word.

"There's the fact about consummating your marriage and bearing children. Baby, there are a lot of things to talk about.", she ended in a sassy tone.

"Yeah, I know. Anyways how are you, and April and Jamie?", I asked.

April was her younger sister. Her parents named two of them after months since their mum was named, July. Silly right? While Jamie was her boyfriend.

"They're fine. April's resuming school tomorrow. She's in her final year."
"Wow!", I said.
"Funny right, it feels like it was yesterday she was starting college.", May said.
April was studying mass communication, she wanted to be a journalist.

"Jamie and I are thinking of following you and Ansel's step.", she said and it took me a moment to realise what she meant.
"No way! You're planning on getting married.", I said.

"Don't think we're doing it 'cause you just did yours yesterday.", she deadpanned.
"Whatever, when is it?", I asked.
"We're thinking of mid-next year, like in May.", she said and I smiled.

"Seriously, May?", I asked.
"Yeah, plus it's romantic to wed in the month same as my name.", she giggled.
"Anyways, but can I ask to be the chief bride maid.", I said.

"Of course, and do you happen to know who's the best man.", I said.
"Lucky guess, Ansel.", I said.
"Yep.", she said popping the p.

Ansel and Jamie had been best friends ever since. Even before May and I knew. So May was ecstatic when she realised her best friend was getting married to her fiancé's best friend.