Fifteen.......Riley's Birthday

I sat there staring at his blue eyes, mesmerizing as they were. There were candles everywhere, the scene was so nice. His hand was atop mine on the table as I stared at the young man I had started to develop feelings for, my husband...

The Previous Day

My dad had come to visit some days after my accident which was weeks ago and things have been better ever since. I was fit and back for work. I had decided to stay clear of Paloma and Parker's relationship.

Caleb had called and apologized. He was now back at the house but not yet at work. Ansel had told me they discussed but he didn't tell me what they discussed.

Oh, I and Ansel were now closer. We were like very good friends. We've told each other facts about ourselves, things I never thought I would tell him. He also told me how he and Jamie became so close, nice story by the way.

Talking about Jamie, he and May had been dropping by the house pretty much lately. I didn't want to ask why 'cause if they wanted me to know, they would have told me.

But curiosity got the better of me and I had asked Ansel one time but he hadn't told me anything. He just said it was nothing I should bother about.

I put the thought aside as I focused on my work. But yet another thought crept in, My birthday. It was tomorrow. I was pretty much excited about it.

Though, it would be the first birthday I wouldn't spend in my dad's house. The first birthday I would be having Brayden since I met him which was like a lot of years ago.

When I was done. I decided to visit Jessie and Caleb since I was driving. I parked and got my phone to send a text to Ansel

I'm going over to Caleb's place and might come back late. I texted before resuming driving.

After the whole accident stuff, Ansel and I had decided to set up this texting thing. If we were going somewhere before coming home we would text each other. And my location was always on and so was his.

Not like we were stalking or whatever but it was a way of being safe at least knowing where each other was.

After some driving, I arrived at the house. Before doing so I had stopped by the store to get tee shirts for the twins. I had promised them that when next I come to their house, I would bring something for them, Caleb and Jessie were okay with it.

The door opened and I met Leah.
"Aunt Ri Ri!!", she screamed and hugged my leg.
"Darling how are you?", I asked.
"I'm very fine."

"Good. Are your parents around?", I asked.
"Mum is, but Dad isn't, he said he had an appointment with the doctor.", she said as she shifted for me to come in.

"Guess what.", I said and then popped the little bags in her face making her giggle.
"What is this?", she asked as she peered into it.

When she brought it out she screamed and hugged me again. "Okay go show your brother and your mum.", I said and just then Jessie came down the stairs.

"I knew it could only be one person Leah would scream for like that.", she said.
"Mummy, mummy, see what Aunt Ri Ri got for us.", she said showing her mom the tee shirts.

"They're amazing, did you tell her thank you."
"Thank you.", she said to me
"Okay now go keep this upstairs quietly, your brother's asleep.", she said and Leah tiptoed away causing me to laugh.

"Thank you for that.", she said as she sat down.
"What can I say, I never forget my promises.", I said.

"You know tomorrow's my birthday don't forget.", I said
"You always remind me the day before your birthday about your birthday so I can never forget.", she said and we both laughed.
"See that as a tradition now.", I said.