Three.......Family Visits

It was now Tuesday. I was to resume work next week so that meant I had the rest of the week to myself. I was currently on my annual leave. It was the only time I had to plan and have the wedding.

So the only time of the year when I didn't have to receive shit from people was wasted going through the emotional and physical stress of planning to marry a man I didn't love and eventually marrying him.

Though, I would put on a small fake smile and I looked fine. I could hide my emotions pretty well and sometimes my emotions would be mistaken for something else.

Like when I would be angry, Daphne would think I was sad and that would make me more angry. Especially when she would all so suddenly want to play the consoling sister when all she had ever been good at was playing the jealous type.

Or when I would be anxious and Caleb would think I was sad. 

According to him, pacing around could be a sign of sadness. And every time I would explain to him I wasn't sad. I would only become less anxious as I would have to explain to him why I was anxious in the first place and it would seem to be a normal reason. 

He would just laugh when I would ask myself why I was anxious in the first place. I really miss him so much.

The only person who knew me so well was my dad. He knew when I was sad, angry, happy and all other emotions I could show. He knew me so well and I missed him.

Ansel had talked to me a few times yesterday, but it only ended in me arguing with him and eventually walking out on him.

I had eaten lunch and dinner in the room while he ate downstairs. I didn't want to eat with him.

Now I had just eaten breakfast and I hadn't seen him since I woke up. I was watching TV when he came in, he was sweaty with an earpiece in both ears and I was guessing he was exercising.

"Have you eaten?", he asked
"Yeah.", I murmured.

"What'd you say."
"Maybe you should take off your earpiece before talking to me.", I said.

"Or maybe you should talk louder.", he said and I turned to look at him.
"You walk in with an earpiece in your ears and you expect me to shout a simple yes. That's just silly."

"You have an issue with everything I do when it's always for you.", he said.
"Well I don't ask you to do anything for me, neither do I beg you to.", I said.

"I didn't say you do that."
"Well then what are you implying.", I said standing up. "Look, I'm not some charity case okay so you don't have to make me feel like one."

"Well I'm sorry if pleasing you makes you feel like one.", he said raising his voice a bit.
"How many times should I tell you? You. Don't. Need. To. Do. That." I said my voice higher than his. I glared at him for a while.

He sighed and opened his mouth to say something but I just turned around and went to the garden.

The garden was well-kept. I guess Cory always did an excellent job. The shrubs were neatly pruned and the flowers looked like they were being well taken of.

It was huge and there were various kinds. I finally found my favourite, Daises. I took one and sniffed it. I heard a sound which made me jerk back just to see Cory, with an apologetic look.

"I didn't mean to startle you ma'am.", he said
"Oh it's nothing, I should have known you would be here.", I said.

"So how does the garden look so far?", he asked moving to drop his pruning shears in the wheelbarrow, which I was now surprised I hadn't seen.
"It's beautiful. You're doing a very good job, Cory."