Twenty-Five.......Office Relationships

I woke up to see Ansel staring at me as he lay on the bed. He looked at me with so much admiration, I felt so special and fragile.
"Good morning.", he said and leaned in to give me a small kiss on the lips.

I breathed in deeply and snuggled into him. "Good morning.", I said.  "Is that what you do every morning?", I asked.
"What?"
"Stare at me till you get up.", I said and looked up to him.

"You're beautiful, I can't help it.", he said very casually and it made my heart swell. I shifted closer to him so I could kiss him, but he shifted so my lips didn't meet his. My eyebrows furrowed.

"You have work today, if we start you might end up late.", he said.
"Oh whatever, I...."
"Nope. No kisses.", he smirked and stood up.

"Oh so this is your way of payback.", I said.
"Hmm, hmm.", he smirked. Okay, two could play this game. Then I made a sad face. I put my best effort into it.

I looked at him beneath my eyelashes and it looked like it was working.

"What... what's wrong?", he asked sounding concerned.
"I... well... I just thought I could get some affection from my husband, you know like in the movies, but you..", I trailed on.
"Hey, I was just joking with you. If it makes you better, I'll kiss you every morning.", he said and I held my laughter, he was actually falling for this.

"Only in the morning.", I said and he sat beside me.
"And any other time you want.", he said and after a while, he burst into laughter, I was confused. "You really are terrible. How dumb do you think I am.", he paused and I realised he knew I had been acting all along.

"If you wanted a kiss, you could've just said so.", he said and came close but this time I was the one who stood up.
"I didn't want a kiss you know.", I said heading to the bathroom with folded arms and a hurt ego.

But before I entered he wrapped his arms around me and pecked me on the cheek.
"There it is, whether you wanted it or not.", he said. I blushed heavily and just entered and closed the door without looking at him.

I purposely wasted time as my body felt funny. My heart was beating irregularly, my stomach did flips and I had this giddy feeling all over. I was sure, I had fallen in love with him.

But was that it? I would just fall in love in a matter of months.

No.

I had to give or find good reasons to. When I came out he wasn't there. I got dressed and after breakfast I left, telling CJ to make sure Ansel knew I had gone. Mekhi drove me to the office and I thanked him for that.

I got to my office and I saw Paloma furiously typing on her laptop. I guess she was in a bad mood. I sat down but she didn't notice. I had to screech my chair for her to look up and her eyes widened.

"Riley! Oh, it feels so good to see you in person now that you're alright. How're you feeling?", she gushed.
"I'm fine. You seemed angry a moment ago."

"Let's not talk about me, what of you, how's your body, and the surgery?", she queried.
"All good, it might leave a scar, but the doctor says it will become small with time. But it feels funny when I run my fingers over it.", I explained.

"Aha! Another sexy place for your husband to discover. Speaking of which, how are things with him now? I mean after he came back. He came back right?", she asked.
"Yes, he did. Turns out his mother had a heart attack.", Paloma gasped. "But she's fine now. He just didn't know how to deal with it I guess.", I honestly said.

Her attention shifted as she looked over my shoulder. I turned and saw Parker walk into the office with a girl in tow. They were laughing at something she just said.